Ford owners! what would you rather have.

Page 2 / 2
xacoon, May 1, 7:16pm
yeh I have been hunting for some of those for a while too. along with a dual action tailgate. seem to be few and far between.

fordguy17, May 2, 4:59am
Late 98 EL XR8 would be my choice between those two. A BFII XR6/XR8 manual would be good though.

aleestar, May 2, 5:45am
a cow with ford all over it hahahahahahahahah

roys351, May 2, 7:33am
yep i would like a duel tailgate too seen one on a xa 500 a mate brought other than that only seen them on ltd wagons and hearses

xacoon, May 2, 9:59pm
got offered an xb wagon with the tailgate spoiler roofracks etc from a guy in middlemarch, but he didnt seem to like returning emails.

nave12, May 2, 11:14pm
in 2005 my mate was offered a falcon st/wagon with a 302 in it that ran absolutely mint but the gearbox was slipping out of gear and had that two way tail gate opening for 1300$,the body was mint as heck and was stored in a shed all its life.It was either a xb or xc and came with an extra bonnet that the guy was gonna put on it with the two scoops(flutes!) in it,my mate did'nt get the money together and only told me a few weeks ago.Went back to the place last week to see if there was a chance it was still stored away but the guy said he sold it last year for 800$ and had fixed the gearbox,who ever got that is skipping along with a grin from ear to ear aaaaggghhh!.

roys351, May 3, 5:15am
that sux the bonnet was proberly worth at least that

hamcouple4fun, May 3, 5:20am
xy phase 3

xacoon, May 3, 5:38am
2 for tuesday! rather have a phase 4

will_98, Nov 12, 6:27pm
EL XR6 1998

xr6turbo2, Nov 12, 6:34pm
I have a 2009 fg xr6 best falcon i have owned

fordcrzy, Nov 12, 7:09pm
the EL XR6 and XR8 were great. i'd have either. maybe a turbo'd XR6 would just be in front.

extrayda, Nov 12, 7:19pm
XA was a MUCH better looing car than the XB (IMHO, plus I guess the fact that I have owned 2 XA's).All of the XA's and XB's I have ever had anything to do with had front disk brakes factory.Admittedly all of them were V8's ranging from Falcon 500 to Fairmont to GS, so can't comment on the 6's.The XA's and XB's all drove very much the same too (both seemed to get quite twitchy at high speeds, probably not helped by the power steering).
XACOON, I reckon the dipswitch on the floor was better than on the column any day, much easier to use.

extrayda, Nov 12, 7:20pm
geez just noticed how old this thread was a few posts back :-)

3tomany, Nov 12, 9:03pm
you havnt said how many ks its done. most of those things you claim as issues are consumable items. going by youre theary i have a whole lot of unreliable cars as they all seem to need new brake rotors and spark plugs at some point

gman35, Nov 13, 9:30am
As much as I like Fords , I just could never privately buy an Aussie-built car because of all the "is it a good one or not" reasons.

crzyhrse, Nov 13, 8:28pm
I really don't see the attraction of the XR6 when you can get the Fairmont Ghia with the same motor and much more fruit.

crzyhrse, Nov 13, 8:30pm
Oh, and I wouldn't have the EL. EF/EF2 is better. Who the hell would want to go back to a distributor.

mopsy3, Nov 13, 10:45pm
Wouldnt be so sure of that. Got an FG XR6T ute. 25000kms on clock had nothing but grief with air con and now booked in for new power steering pump. Had AU's, BA's, BF's never had issues, especially when this new.

mopsy3, Nov 13, 10:46pm
How do you blame a car for needing pads and rotors!

gman35, Nov 14, 2:07am
The BA/BF wagons especially were under-braked re:front rotors , they should have had the xr-series rotors as the originals were forever warping. Widely known in industry and deserved to be a "recall". Just another example of original bad-speccing/money saving ,or just the usual "she'll be right" attitude with Ford/Holden.

unbeatabull, Nov 14, 4:57am
XR Rotors are the same as the factory ones - only the FPV's had different rotors.

Problem was a poor material quality, throw some aftermarket ones on and problem goes away.

50% of the time though the problem is actually the master cylinder pushrod clearance, to the extent where the pushrod is never fully off because there is no clearance between the pushrod and the master cylinder. Made up a jig to easily check the clearance between them and is the first thing we check before machining the rotors

stevexc, Feb 29, 5:52pm
Ford obviously did!