5.8 Litre most powerful pruduction V8

nave12, Nov 15, 11:49pm

magicmat, Nov 15, 11:54pm
Pretty cool! I have to laugh at how they say it avoids the "gas guzzler tax"
(due to weight!) which shows how pointless, other than revenue gathering,many taxes are. I hate to think of the litres per 100km figures with that engine!

sifty, Nov 16, 12:05am
Nice, and tractable so can be used for pottering round town, cool.

I can see Clarkson laughing his head off at the greenmentalists with this one

foxdonut, Nov 16, 2:02am
Journalism fail:

Koenigsegg Agera- 5 litres, Supercharged, 1100+ hp (E100) 940hp (premium) Torque 1000Nm+ (any fuel)

Production: current

smac, Nov 16, 2:11am
There's a few.I suspect the missing clause is 'in America'.

foxdonut, Nov 16, 2:21am
Those sort of claims always result in huge arguments anyway. Since there's no longer a clear cut definition of what "production" means.

It used to be Group C Homologation numbers, then it was arbitrary numbers like "300 cars a year" then "x cars over x time" etc etc.

I've never seen anyone flouting production / power when using forced induction either.

Its not really even that much power out of what is essentially six litres and a blower. The Italians have been doing 650+ with sub five litres (all motor) for quite a while.

I love the shape of the 05 mustangs onwards, but the special cars are usually massively overpriced for what they offer. Word is that Roush cars are better than Shelby too.

Sadly I'd never be able to own any of them though because my ass doesn't fill out the twelve foot wide recliner the yanks call a "bucket seat" and I can't see over the wheel through the postbox slip they call a windsheild.

nave12, Nov 16, 2:30am
This makes me think of four letters gtho(the return)!.

scotty20001, Nov 16, 3:33am
mayes probably thinks an accord thai will take it.

richardmayes, Nov 16, 4:28am
Pretty serious engine.

But when you make a boast that is full of caveats like "the most powerful V8 currently in production" you are basically saying you are the most handsome man named Scotty in the leper colony.

The 599GTO is still well ahead of it, for example. And anyway the McLaren F1 still rules them all (IMHO).

I wish they would all get over this fad of needing to point out that they are 2.5% better in some academic way than all the other ultra-cars that are available, it just sounds desperate.

moosie_21, Nov 16, 5:04am
Fixed

foxdonut, Nov 16, 5:18am
For the sake of argument, both of those cars are 12 cylinder engines.

richardmayes, Nov 16, 6:01am
Yes I'm aware of that.

But I still mean exactly what I said.

smac, Nov 16, 6:03am
Bentley Mulsanne isn't though.and I suspect a reasonably long list of euro 8's over the 1000 mark. Pretty sure it's just another case of 'mericans not looking past their own border when claiming records.

wrong2, Nov 16, 6:33am
if you are talking Naturally Aspirated, then the most powerfull production V8 is a german engine

foxdonut, Nov 16, 6:34am
Is that peak power or power per litre output etc!

wrong2, Nov 16, 6:38am
maximum power - not power per liter

an italian V8 has that record

foxdonut, Nov 16, 6:44am
Yes, I was waiting for the mouth breather / nzricer mag brigade to come strutting in with that "the honda s2k engine has more powa per liter then every V8 lol" bullshit they love so much.

Whats the german motor!

wrong2, Nov 16, 6:57am
MB 6.2 liter

that new SLS has it for a start

what blows me away is the fuel efficiency that BMW have managed to get out of the upcoming M5

the thing makes bucketloads of torque - yet has quite reasonable highway speed fuel mileage

elect70, Nov 17, 3:28am
^^ quality german engineering for ya .

richardmayes, Nov 17, 4:28am
Pretty serious engine.

But when you make a boast that is full of caveats like "the most powerful V8 currently in production" you are basically saying you are the most handsome man named Scotty in the leper colony.

The 599GTO is well ahead of it, for example. And besides, the McLaren F1 still rules them all (IMHO).

I wish they would all get over this fad of needing to point out that they are 2.5% better in some academic way than all the other ultra-cars that are available, it just sounds desperate. If you're comparing two cars, you're going to buy the one that you like more, not the one that's supposedly 2.5% better.

aktow, Mar 12, 1:46am
1993 McLaren F1 231 mph (372 km/h) Production run of 107. At factory rev limit, it reached 231 mph (371.8 km/h) at Nardo (oval) test track. In March 31, 1998, with the rev limiter disabled, it reached 240.1 mph (386.4 km/h). It still remains the world's fastest naturally aspirated production car.