Toyota Altezza Gita. Hi there have been looking at replacing my existing car 99 subaru lancaster are the toyota altezza gita39s

bmw22, May 7, 11:08pm
Hi there, have been looking at replacing my existing car - 99 subaru lancaster. Are the Toyota Altezza Gita's are fair replacement! are there any issues to be aware of, or anything I should look out for! thanks for your input

murdoko, May 7, 11:39pm
it's smaller. leg room at the back is compromised compared to a Lancaster. Boot space is heaps smaller and if you're looking at getting a 2.0 version, dont! coz it's gutless and not that cheap on gas. Ride quality is better on a Lancaster. Style-wise, in my opinion, i think the Gita is getting old. Why not get a newer Outback!

In terms of mechanical reliablity, Gitas are hard to fault. just watch out for any noises on the front suspension specifically the lower ball joints.

ryanm2, May 8, 5:42am
2.5 or 3litre lancaster!

bmw22, May 8, 8:52am
it is the 2.5 lancaster.

r15, Jan 27, 11:02pm
the altezza is also a heap more fun to drive, does ride harder than a lancaster from my experience with lancasters, the 3 litre is quick, but can be hard on fuel if driven hard, the 2 litre is actually really good on fuel based on my cousin who has one and his comparisons to my 3 litre. the 2 litre however lacks power low in the rev range- once you get the revs up though they go allright, probably about the same as a 2.5 non turbo subaru

the altezza boot is smaller, and the back seat room will be smaller, however as a 6ft tall man, the back seat is still quite reasonable.

reliability wise altezzas are one of few cars that manage to get through the gauntlet that is the motoring forum without anyone having any major gripe