Mitsi Challenger 4x4 fuel consumption / torque

jazzyjack1, Nov 20, 1:29am
I am trying to find on the internet the specs for a 1996 - 2004 Mitsi Challenger. Trying to find fuel consumption and how much torque these 4x4s do! Does anyone know! Just wondering how these compare to other diesels, obviously looking for best MPG and most torque output

franc123, Nov 20, 1:47am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_4M4_engine

As for fuel economy, the best thing to do instead of being obsessed by how good it will or won't be is to think long and hard about whether an SUV is suitable for your needs in the first place, if you don't need 4x4 ability or the ability to tow heavy loads regularly where the economy of a diesel would be an advantage in that situation don't buy one, no matter what way you look at it all the vehicles you listed have higher running costs than a car and I would guess would be roughly similar to each other.The economy figures associated with 3.0 Surfs and 2.8 Challengers are about the 10L/100km mark overall, and thats before you load it up.

jazzyjack1, Nov 20, 1:57am
Def need a 4x4, haul kids, dogs, off road, towing

40wav, Nov 20, 5:08am
So out of the four things listed, you only need 4x4 for one of them. How much off roading do you really do! I'd be looking to get a Commodore or Falcon if it's mainly towing or commuting.

matarautrader, Nov 20, 5:21am
I have a 1994 2.8 diesel Pajero which is probably a bit heavier and I get about 10 litres/100km. Thats about 40% town, 60% open road. It drops to about 13 litres/100km when we tow our 1400kg caravan.

msigg, Nov 20, 6:27am
jazzyjack1 i'm with you you want a 4x4 get one. Nobody answers your questions , they always try to analize things. i dear say most of the things we have and do in our lives we don't need, even eating as much as we do, but you only live once. do it. I do like the shape of the Mitsi, A good diesel is hard to beat. good luck.

jazzyjack1, 5 days, 10 hours
I am trying to find on the internet the specs for a 1996 - 2004 Mitsi Challenger. Trying to find fuel consumption and how much torque these 4x4s do! Does anyone know! Just wondering how these compare to other diesels, obviously looking for best MPG and most torque output.
Need a daily, all of same years but would be either a Hilux Surf, Challenger or Grand Cherokee 2.7 diesel