Primera P11 CVT Swap out for conventional auto

duggin, Nov 22, 1:58am
Can this be done easily, and what's involved!Also ball-park cost!Is it worth it!

kiwicon, Nov 22, 2:07am
CVT will be an SR20VE. Im pretty sure the difference between std auto and CVT is the shifter and CVT computer.

As for Manual, all you need to change (other than the norm) is the gearbox mount as it is in a dif place. needs a cert but if it looks factory then don't worry about it.

search the forums at primeracarclub.co.nz

duggin, Nov 22, 2:24am
Tks kiwicon.

hatchback, Nov 22, 3:09am
x1
I did a conversion in a Bluebird SSS from CVT to manual. The top gearbox mount you will have to make (easy and hidable) as bodyshape different to manual. I also had to set and tape inhibitor switch in park for starting, couldnt figure out how to get reversing lights to work and just left the two speed sensors in there apropreate plugs and left the CVT computer in. One thing I did notice is that it wont rev over 5000rpm which is a bitch if you are trying to overtake on a hill. You will need pedals (set) and master and slave cyls.

duggin, Nov 25, 10:34pm
Tks hb.

duggin, Nov 22, 1:58am
1997 don't know what model motor, but it's a 2L.Is it worth it!Would a manual box fit easily! Can either be done easily, and what's involved!Also ball-park cost!