Rain-water leaking into Audi passenger footwell

drake5, Nov 22, 9:03am
I have recently bought a 1997 Audi A4 station wagon. Any time it rains water appears in the back left passengers foot well. Has anyone had this problem! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

heywillhay1, Nov 22, 9:09am
ahh I had this prob with my old civic. Turned out the gutter well in the roof where you're supposed to put roof racks had a dirty rust hole in it. Might pay to lift the plastic cover off and look for any holes if your wagon has them.

Edit: Just did a quick google of those audis and it seems they don't have the same set up, I don't think.

unclejake, Nov 22, 9:36am
It is a common Audi issue and is due to a blocked drain somewhere under the wiper mechanisim.

I assume you park facing uphill! I have mainly heard of the front floors getting wet

thejazzpianoma, Nov 22, 9:39am
+1 go and check the drains in that area. Never happened to me but I have heard of it many a time with that age and model. Usually leaves block it up.Do it smartly as sometimes the water gets where it shouldn't and it can be expensive.

scoobeey, Nov 22, 9:47am
beamers have this issue as well.good ole euro engineering:)

morrisman1, Nov 22, 9:50am
I thought parts were cheap for these european cars

craig04, Nov 22, 9:50am
Never expose a Euro to water.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 22, 9:53am
. and I thought you spoke good England.

morrisman1, Nov 22, 9:54am
my bad, typos to blame

jono2912, Nov 22, 12:43pm
Open the door and check the drains in the bottom of the door.

bae13, Nov 22, 5:26pm
Have a look in down by the battery usually that area is full of water as the drain gets blocked by leaves.also remove the seat and lift the carpet. There is a plastic box under the carpet that has a body control module in it. If you have water in or near this it can cost a lot to fix. Get a dehumidifier in there and dry it out before any corrosion sets in

peasgood, Nov 22, 9:45pm
#11is on to it ,pull battery out ,and blow drain out with air gun,friends A4 filled up with water,from same prob,trans computor under drivers seat,was submerged !

bae13, Nov 23, 12:05am
Yes I should have said trans ecu on one side and body control on passengers side.You need to lift the carpet as its nearly 100mm thick with all the paddingand it holds a lot of water

drake5, Nov 23, 8:22am
Wow, thanks for all the helpful tips everyone!

r15, Apr 2, 10:42pm
wow, audi's are great!