Water in fuel

Page 1 / 2
mber2, Jan 3, 4:44am
You can buy it from garages or hardware stores . it is also good for cleaning hard paint brushes but if you cant find any then ask someone who makesP cause they use it in the manufacture process, i think to boil or something

wind.turbine, Jan 3, 4:54am
Really!
Ants are very small so must not work with large amounts of water then!

thewomble1, Jan 3, 12:14pm
Only fill the tank with a small amount of fuel before adding the meths and running the vehicle to suck through the meths to burn with the fuel. The lowerthe fuel/meths ratio the better. ie 1l meths to 10l fuel is better than 1l meths to 20l fuel.

elect70, Jan 4, 12:38am
Isnt isopropyl alcohol just a fancy name formethanol!

bitsy_boffin, Jan 4, 12:45am
No.

Methanol CH3OH

Isopropanol C3H8O

40wav, Jan 4, 7:50am
Why's that! I'd have thought it would be the other way around.

p_c_tradert, Dec 29, 9:25am
I fitting a stainless fuel tank in to my Jeep but my great son fill it with water :-(. he thought he was helping by washing it out seam it not been used for few years.
now I cant get the last bit of water out of it.
it not in Jeep yet any one got any ideas!
I don't want to fit it and end up pulling it out again

outbidyou2, Dec 29, 9:28am
it not in Jeep yet any one got any ideas!

tip it upside down!

jmma, Dec 29, 9:29am
Add some meths to it (o:

outbidyou2, Dec 29, 9:29am
If its a little, fit it and fill it up with fuel. Wont hurt.

jmma, Dec 29, 9:30am
Brilliant (o:

morrisman1, Dec 29, 9:30am
if its just a bit then add a litre of meths in the tank, it will soak up the water and then burn in the system. Might be a bit hard on rubbers if they are already a bit stuffed though

theram1, Dec 29, 9:35am
Get a straw or two

jmma, Dec 29, 9:37am
Get some of those little men from Caltex, they will clean it out in no time (o:

morrisman1, Dec 29, 9:40am
Just run the car, if it doesn't blow up then go to the media and claim you're a genius. Then you will get shot by the oil giants.

purple666, Dec 29, 10:00am
Tip a litre of meths in tank.
Shake it all about.
Tip the meths out of the tank.
Put tank in and fill with fuel.
Drive happy, problem solved.

theram1, Dec 29, 10:04am
Strain the meths through a loaf of bread and enjoy.

bill-robinson, Dec 29, 5:43pm
warmthe tank gently with the filler at the highest point. the water will evaporate.

chebry, Dec 29, 8:47pm
Meths please What you need is Isoprophyl alcohol it breaks the water molecules down small enough to be burnt with the petrol used by garages since way before my time it works. meths sometimes works with tiny amounts of water Isoprphyl alcohol works with ant quantity of water

the-lada-dude, Dec 29, 9:09pm
do as I say and not as I do,eh !HA HAandwhat the hell is Isoprophyl/ Isoprphylalcohol !you should stop now while you've still got 31/2 brain cells left in that near empty cranium,tell you what ! o'l splater 67 will help you kick itlol

bill-robinson, Dec 29, 9:58pm
some one has spat the dummy I think.

jmma, Dec 29, 11:26pm
lada dude, you have more to offer to this board, we really dont need all this in fighting. We need to be helping other posters.

pebbles61, Dec 29, 11:30pm
lol reminds of that homeless bugger I saw a few years ago outside hammer hardware with his bottle of meth and loaf of bread :P.I bet he ate the bread when he was done!

the-lada-dude, Dec 30, 12:25am
of course your right!get carried away sometimes, and how are you bill - r

msigg, Dec 30, 12:32am
As some mentioned above, nothing technical just add meths to the tank, should be all good. Those in the know .