Sigma Turbo 1986 Torque Steer

jonowootton, Nov 23, 7:50am
Does anyone know which Half Shafts to get to replace the factory ones on the Sigma to eliminate the Torque Steer!

phillip.weston, Nov 23, 9:01am
you can try fitting the passenger side shaft from an E39A Galant VR-4 which has equal length drive shafts, but unsure if the spline count will be the same at both ends, or if the holes in the block where the bracket attaches to will be tapped. Being a FWD you're still going to experience torque steer to some degree.

mike107, Nov 23, 9:22am
Use to get torque steer in my 84 Eterna HT Turbo back in 1991, it only had 55,000Km on clock and it did it!

jonowootton, Nov 23, 9:40am
E39a sound like the way to go. Mounting for the bracket is already on block Will let you know how I get on.

the-lada-dude, Nov 23, 7:37pm
see morrie man

jonowootton, Dec 16, 5:32am
Well I can confirm that the shafts fit into the gearbox ok but the angle of the gearbox and bearing bracket do not allow for it to mount to the block correctly. Looks like a Vr4 sump and oil pump is needed as the shaft passes directly under the oil pump. Not going to work sorry. Back to the drawing board sadly.

phillip.weston, Dec 16, 7:23am
strange, the shaft runs just about parallel with the bottom of the block/top of the sump on a VR-4. The VR-4 main bearing caps/crank girdle is larger than the SOHC motors which necessitates the need for a deeper sump. I believe the VR-4 engine is also cantered back 15deg while the SOHC engines sit upright.

jonowootton, Dec 16, 10:52am
Wish it could have fitted. Looks like im going to get a custom drive shaft made up to fit this car. Will be a project for a later date.