Insurance questions

slacker8, Nov 24, 9:14am
Here's the questions, if you hit a dog on the road which kills it and damages your car, can you chase the owner for damages, and would you chase the owners for damages or just suck it up and pay car repairs thru your own insurance! Cheers

mm12345, Nov 24, 9:20am
Sue the owner of the dog - your insurance company will do that anyway.
A friend of mine who's a barrister had a dog hit by a car.About $2k in car damages, and $1k in vet bills later, I think she got the message.

slacker8, Nov 24, 7:17pm
To be fair we thought about contacting owner for damages but the owner was so cut up about dog we thought that would be a bit rude, so we just went through our insurance and just paid the excess. Insurance didn't even ask if we knew who owned the dog.

ginga4lyfe, Nov 24, 10:25pm
Ur getting taken for a ride, take the owner up for the excess that you had to pay

crzyhrse, Nov 24, 11:03pm
It's not in the slightest bit rude to expect people to accept responsibility for the damage caused through their negligence.

a.woodrow, Nov 24, 11:52pm
There is no reason you should be out of pocket because someone couldn't control their dog. Point out to them the cost of the excess, otherwise give your insurance company their details

elect70, Nov 25, 12:29am
Happened to me inemployers van . It was a prizegerman shepard bitch being chased by a randymale , shot out of adriveway into van & killed it instantly .Owner came & was soupset I neglected to take her name . It only dented the sidebut boss wanted to know details& chewed my ear off for not getting them

3tomany, Nov 25, 1:33am
allways give the insurance company all details and let them decide who is liable, a few tears doesnt void someone of responsability.

msigg, Apr 7, 7:05pm
let it go.