Want to add a keypad to push button starter.

emnalana, Nov 25, 10:03am
hi there, i have installed a push button starter into my car, requires the key to turn on the ignition power then the push button starter to start the engine (wont start from key) now i have seen a keypad @ jay car (http://jaycar.co.nz/productVi-
ew.asp!ID=SP0770&keywords=-
keypad&form=KEYWORD) any idea on the wiring diagram on how to install so that the key would power the keypad then the code input into the keypad to power the starter button. !

sr2, Nov 25, 10:26am
Sorry, what you are looking at is a numeric keypad; you??

emnalana, Nov 25, 11:03am
Cos im no sparky lol.

But you sound like your on the ball!

so could you go into a bit more detail please, i installed the push button from the ignition harness plug just below the barrel.

thanks for ya input by the way

emnalana, Nov 25, 11:06am
so that keypad would only have like two wires coming out, bit like a switch, an input and an output, flick the switch (input correct code) will allow the current thru!

(two wires, well maybe a three wires to include a earth)

brants, Nov 25, 7:45pm

lordv81, Nov 25, 8:12pm
What would be the point!wouldnt it just make it easier for someone to steal if there were a couple of starter by-pass wires to rip out of a cheap key pad once they have done over the ignition barrell ,which is the weak point anyways!or is the key pad just for a gimmick!What sort of car!

mrfxit, Nov 25, 9:12pm
Smells of someone watching to many "Magnum PI" re-runs

illusion_, Nov 25, 9:21pm
sounds like complete PITA material to me

bad enough with these new alarms that disable the vehicle after 30sec if the engine aint runnin

a18a, Nov 25, 11:41pm
I like everything about my alarm except for this feature

ringo2, Apr 9, 2:53pm
Can you explain why you want to have a key and a button to start the car instead of just a key!