Price of starter motor

jenniferanne, Nov 29, 9:30am
Need a new starter motor in nissan primera, how much should this happen, dont want to get ripped off.Thanks

dasfi, Nov 29, 9:31am
Popular, id estimate maybe $300 fitted, max

jsbike, Nov 29, 9:31am
from nissan! prob $1000. New brushes and contacts, maybe less than $50.

jenniferanne, Dec 13, 5:36am
Thanks dasfi and jsbike account arrived today $240.00 on top of 2 new tyres and wof rego its gonna be a thrifty christmas for me

eagles9999, Dec 13, 8:49pm
Nissans and Starter motors!

mrfxit, Dec 13, 9:11pm
SHUT UP .
Swearing is not permitted . you ^%$#%$

Any body know who will supply the 3 bush's & brush plate set for those starters!

intrade, Dec 13, 9:28pm
um dasko would likely

carmedic, Dec 13, 10:13pm
Or Civic Wholesale (account only)
Or Partmaster (to order only)
Or Appco

curlcrown, Dec 14, 12:12am
Most of the time when people think they need a new one they don't. The can usualy be fixed at a fairly low cost.

intrade, Dec 14, 1:35am
yup but at times the gear-clutch is on its last legs also and soon after it wont start again just make wirrrrrrr noises. full rebuild is soon 300$ was 78$ for brush-kit and 176$ for clutch for my tipo starter back a few years ago. soldering in some crap brushes is a bad idea as they usually just fall apart and fill the armature with crap from rubbish australian brushes

mrfxit, Dec 14, 2:12am
The Bluebird/ primera starters are a direct drive
As for starters that have clutchs, a lot depends on general usage (as you would expect) & how easy the starter is to swap over.

pup2, Dec 14, 3:23am
Those AWD's eh. You know how to do them now don't ya.lol

mrfxit, Dec 14, 3:49am
LOL . shut up.

Altho, $$$ speak pretty loud these days ;-)

unbeatabull, Dec 14, 9:28am
TBH I've found Pan Pacific in CHCH very competitive for prices on new starters, half the time cheaper then rebuild kits

strobo, Dec 15, 3:17am
I was thinking $1001 +gst lol

ginga4lyfe, Dec 15, 3:46am
http://www.partsguru.co.nz/index.php!page=listingDetails&categoryid=105&sco=76&collectionid=&prodid=1421&pageNum=1&x=26&y=9 new one around 195 bucks right there, fitting canbe done cheaply, NOTE: THAT ONE MAY NOT BE THE RIGHT ONE, I do not know the year of your primera

cowlover, Dec 16, 10:57am
I got a primera brush plate from Ripco one sunday afternoon.Wasnt the listed part just an eye match but was a perfect copy and still working 5yrs later