So who's got the best diesel oil prices.

Page 2 / 2
drew2009, Nov 28, 2:11am
25% off ALL diesel oils on Saturday the 03/12 at Supercheap.

Plus at the moment they have 6 Litres of Castrol GTX Diesel for 48.50

A small auto store down the road from me has 20L of 15-40 for $110 which is pretty decent, they wouldn't be up north though but it shows that it pays to shop around.

drew2009, Nov 28, 2:23am
Got a mate who raves about that Diesel Magnatec 15-40 as well, Drives an older hilux like yours.
If the old 2L-T is getting a bit smokey you could chuck some stop smoke or moreys oil stabiliser in there.
What synthetic oil did you chuck in and what problems did it give ya!

mrfxit, Nov 28, 11:16pm
Valvoline Engine Armour
Hey. was really cheap at the time
Did run much nicer but it's letting the smoke out
Got some spare but will save that for a petrol vehicle.

drew2009, Nov 28, 11:49pm
Fair enough good oil for a newish petrol car, had the 10-30 version in my Honda, but the sump was leaky and most of it ended up on my driveway!
Don't ya hate it when ya put thin synthetic oil in and it runs really nice for a while but then starts burning/leaking. Good luck in your search let us know how you get on.

mrfxit, Dec 2, 9:44pm
Ok, got it sorted fairly well-ish
20 liter drumCI4 -15/40 rated, for $125 from supercheap.
Done flush (50/50 mix diesel fuel & 20/50 clean oil) new filter afterwards
Went to Jaffaland yesterday & using less oil now, no blue smoke noticed.

mrcat1, Nov 27, 10:25am
Doesn't really worry me, your the one who started the pissing competition, i simply put down what oil i use and how much i pay as the OP asked. You then told me you could get it cheaper, but the truth of the matter is NOT the same oil as what i was using, same spec but not same brand, and i simply pointed out i can also buy cheap oil with the same spec but I choose not to use the cheaper oil. Caterpillar oil is actually Mobil oil with some different additives, and i use it for warranty and oil sampling purposes, when i go to either sell or trade in i can prove what oil and what the oil sampling showed in the life of the machines, so i get a better trade or sell price.