So who's got the best diesel oil prices.

Page 1 / 2
mrfxit, Nov 25, 9:15pm
just your std mineral oil 15/40 cheapest per volume stuff.

chito, Nov 25, 9:22pm
I bought 10l at supercheap for $80.00. cheapest after a ring around.

mrfxit, Nov 25, 9:26pm
Bugger . last I got was $60 for 10L (while ago)

chito, Nov 25, 9:37pm
Repco have petrol discount with AA Card. 20cpl.

mrfxit, Nov 25, 10:06pm
LOL, yea like it's a REALLY GOOD IDEA to use petrol as a lubricant

romulan7, Nov 26, 12:37am
Worth $10 off you next 50 litres of fuel.Guess if supersheep was offering the same oil for $10 less it would be worth it.

mrcat1, Nov 26, 3:29am
Cat Engine oil, API CI-4 Plus spec$4.57 liter including GST.

mrfxit, Nov 26, 4:45am
Interesting
Please excuse my ignorance.
Mmmm ok, where! & what volumes 4 /6 /10/ 20 200 liter drums does it have to be.
How does that compare to 15/40 mineral oil
is that a mineral oil.

mrfxit, Nov 26, 4:54am

carmedic, Nov 26, 4:55am
Its a 15w40 4 stroke diesel mineral oil and will be for 209 litre drums I can get it cheaper.

mrfxit, Nov 26, 5:02am
Thanks for the updates both of you
MMM & ouch
yea the volume could be a tad out of my reach

mrcat1, Nov 26, 5:25am
Not quite sure how you can get the SAME stuff cheaper, that is a special price direct thru Goughs.

carmedic, Nov 26, 6:30am
Don??

mrcat1, Nov 26, 8:51am
So you can't get the same oil cheaper, just another breed of oil, I too can get the same SAE & API cheaper, $3.22 liter.

big.b-lil.c, Nov 26, 12:44pm
your on to it. the only problem with cheep oils is expensive parts often need replacing. goughs in wellington do quite a bit servicing and repairs for me.

chris_051, Nov 26, 1:06pm
So you're paying an extra $1 or so for a Cat label.
At me old work we ran C12 W/Stars and D12 Volvos, some of the Volvos 1.2 million km plus on Shell Rimula 15w/40 mineral oil, no worries, which is also approved for SI engines as well.
Other wise Super cheap have a trade pack they do 10 litres of Valvolene for about 60 bux, good enough for an old shitta.

mrcat1, Nov 27, 9:22am
No, 2 totally different oils, there is a couple of sayings that spring to mind " you only get what you pay for" and cheap is not always best"I would rather pay the extra $1 and know i'm not going to stuff a $60k engine and i'm still going to get "A" oil samples.

carmedic, Nov 27, 9:38am
My oil is rated the same as yours and branded Delphi yours is branded Caterpillar and costs more so must be better.
Ok you??

mrcat1, Nov 27, 10:25am
Doesn't really worry me, your the one who started the pissing competition, i simply put down what oil i use and how much i pay as the OP asked. You then told me you could get it cheaper, but the truth of the matter is NOT the same oil as what i was using, same spec but not same brand, and i simply pointed out i can also buy cheap oil with the same spec but I choose not to use the cheaper oil. Caterpillar oil is actually Mobil oil with some different additives, and i use it for warranty and oil sampling purposes, when i go to either sell or trade in i can prove what oil and what the oil sampling showed in the live of the machines, so i get a better trade or sell price.

flashgordon_nz, Nov 27, 10:31am
i use total rubia xt, a nice CI rated, low ash, 15w40 oil in my diesel f100, 5L hiace, and J05c-t Hino truck. i pay around $122 inc for a 20 Litre. used to pay $121 for the same amount of Shell Rimula X. Both appear to have similar results in the respective engines. Very happy user here.

carmedic, Nov 27, 7:40pm
Whatever mate you??

ola.thorsen, Nov 27, 8:29pm
Superchimp has a special on Calibre branded Caltex 15w40 5.5l packs, 2 for $55

mrfxit, Nov 27, 9:06pm
WOW . didn't expect this . but never mind.
Apart from the hissy fit, theres been some good info come out, only need to know now, HOW to get which ever brand/spec from where & "how" at THAT price.

All good in theend we hope.
now that you have both done the"step back 10 paces/ load your guns & shoot at the drop of a hanky" bit.( & scored a few points). it's time to shake hands & carry on with life.

mrfxit, Nov 27, 9:14pm
Might have to look in to that if the other options don't work out.
Really need to get this synthetic crud washed out of the Surf ASAP
it appears the KM's are too high to handle synthetic oil ok.
Shite happens & you only get to know about it when it hits the fan
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-poop-hits-the-fan-angle-5.html

the-lada-dude, Nov 28, 12:45am
hey CARMEDIC, where do you get delphi from ! agent got a name!ta.
i used to get oil from sedigens as it was cheap and good, but very xpensive in 5 gal pails now.