T28 turbo

sebatrons13, Nov 28, 9:40am
Have a ca18det with a t25, will the t28 bolt straight up tp this or what will i need to mount it etc.

andrea_w, Nov 28, 9:46am
I believe the T25 has a T2 flange and the T28 has a T3 flange. so not a straight swap. I'm fairly sure you can buy an adaptor to sort that problem out, or get one fabricated. I'm not sure about the oil and water lines and the bolt pattern on the back end of the turbo (where the dump pipe bolts to)

falcon15, Nov 28, 6:19pm
the t25 and t28 both have t2 flanges or else it would be called a t38. It will bolt up to your manifold and exhaust but the t28 has a different compressor housing where the intake pipe and intercooler pipe join so would need a few mods to those pipes

kiwicon, Nov 28, 8:55pm
+1

But im sure a W11 aviner (that came with a T-28) will be the one you want as it dosnt have the elbow flange for intake so you can just use a silicon hose and clamp. W10s came with a T25g. being a car that never came manual the chances of it being raped are lessoned by about 20% lol

andrea_w, Nov 29, 5:53am
I've been grossly misinformed. I've read over and over again the RB20DET turbo is called a 'T28', (all single turbo RBs have a T3 flange which is why I said it's T3) obviously you can't believe everything you read on the internet haha.

bigboi22, Nov 29, 8:14am
first guys rite t28 uses a t3 flange for sure

vivac, Nov 29, 8:20am
Nope, T2 flange.

phi11ip_w, Nov 29, 8:51am
get a turbo off a s14 or s15 rwd sr20det. This is the T28 you want. Pretty much bolt up, you may have to change the intake snorkel and slot one of the bolt holes on the downpipe. Potentially have to bend oil/water lines a bit.

kiwicon, Nov 29, 8:28pm
blokes wanting to put a T28 turbo on his current mani not buy a new manifold. Being a CAxx motor it will be RWD, and RWD manis sit the turbo closer to the block than a 4WD one, I.e GTiR, BB, Aviner etc. FYI

vivac, Nov 29, 9:02pm
I think he was just trying to illustrate the point that t25 and t28 turbos use the same t2 flange.

falcon15, 1 day, 16 hours
yes that is exactly what i was trying to point out