Radiator Flush!

dasfi, Jan 23, 6:21am
Need to flush out radiator and engine, Should i take the thermostat out and both hoses of engine so i can flush water all the way through! Cheers

toyboy3, Jan 23, 6:47am
remove a heater hose, and the radiator cap,open theheater tap,and flush using the garden hosein all openings untill water runs clean

petermcg, Jan 23, 7:01am
Listing no 349088778

dasfi, Jan 23, 7:08am
why disconecct heater hose!

franc123, Jan 23, 7:23am
How else are you going to flush the heater out!Disconnnecting the hose is the only way you can get a good flow of clean water through there to flush it out.Remember the heater core is just like a radiator, only smaller.Having a heater hose, especially the one thats highest in the system, disconnected is also handy for bleeding the air out when you fill the system up again.

1fordluva, Jan 23, 7:27am
Ifyou do not do the heater core,the old coolant makes the new coolant stale ,then it kills the radiator core.
Its the most common way to kill your radiatior.

NZTools, Jan 23, 7:49am
The most common way to kill your radiator, is assuming you can flush it out with a garden hose.
The stuff that clogs up the cores on a radiator has a similar consistancy to plaque on your teeth. Does drinking a glass of water clean your teeth! No.
Running a low volume of water though your radiator waont clean it either.

Spend 80 bucks at your local radiator repair shop having the cores of your radiator rodded out. Its the best money you can ever spend on your cooling system.

carkitter, Jan 23, 8:20am
In all my years of spinning spanners I've never heard of people removing radiator hoses from inside the cabin to flush a cooling system. What a daft suggestion.

Looking at your comments of late, you're clearly a troll.

dasfi, Jan 25, 5:18pm
Ha Ha yea no way am i disconnecting that lol