Advice re temp help sealing radiator please?

outbidyou2, Jan 1, 11:53am
Just use your own car bro

franc123, Jan 2, 12:06am
If what dribbled out of the cooling system looked like coffee this is most likely just the start of your problems. Attempting to use a chemical sealer in a filthy neglected cooling system is futile for a start. Good luck you will need it.

elect70, Jan 2, 2:42am
I have found "solderit"seals up goodeven bads leaks in cores. Put couple tins in itif it doesnt leak once hotgo for it

lambrat, Dec 31, 7:19am
its emptied itself out onto the driveway, looked like coffee.
is there a bottle of some sort of sealant i can put into it as a temp measure until the owner comes back on jan 5!i'm meant to pick him up at the airport in it.
how good are they and how do they work!if you're careful, don't drive too far, will they last a week!

i think it could've already had some in it because i saw him with the car out on the front lawn a few weeks ago, am sure he was doing something with the radiatior.
i'm not prepared to permanently fix it, its just a little suzuki car he paid $500 for up in the north of north island then caned it all the way down here to chch, then he's used it every day on the bumpy roads around here.am impressed its still been going so well.

but i was really hoping to get to the dump, as well as drop stuff at st vincent de paul, while i had the loan of it this week.

mugenb20b, Dec 31, 7:25am
I would be inclined to take the car to the garage for an accurate diagnosis first. Potions off the shelf hardly ever fix heart attacks.

As for picking him up from the airport, I wouldn't rely on "just a $500 Suzuki car".

jmma, Dec 31, 7:25am
Nope, cheaper to get Taxi.

cuda.340, Dec 31, 7:26am
Chemiweld or Irontite or there's even a Prestone product that looks like baby spew that will fix minor leaks. split tanks are too much for any in the bottle repair, but small leaks maybe.

lambrat, Dec 31, 7:38am
hmm, i thought as much,shame!
thanks for taking your time to reply though :)

cowlover, Dec 31, 10:23am
Depends on the cause of the leak.If the rads got a hole then it needs a repair/replacement.If its a split hose it need to be replaced. If the caps stuffed get a new one.If the motor has a leak then maybe chemiweld etc might do the trick.So first problem is to find why its leaking.

kazbanz, Dec 31, 10:27am
lAMBRAT--Short version. Not your car not your problem.
long version. -what happens if the temp repair fails and you cook the motor! What happens if the temp repair does damage to the cooling system besides where its leaking. So yea have flattie catch a taxi --in the long run it will be cheaper

scoobeey, Dec 31, 10:30am
looks like coffee NO MAINTENANCE ! must have been a toyota last forever LOL

scoobeey, Dec 31, 10:33am
i have NEVER had a cooling system problem ever and i have done miles to the moon and back as i treat as no1 priority in PREVENTATIVE maintenance . done the ole isuzu truck hoses when i got truck. Pocket money heater hoses etc , some people think these things will last forever lol