Big tic for Electronic points replacement

lookoutas, Nov 30, 6:35am
Just brought some for my Clevo dizzy.
Rip out the old points & condenser - screw the electronic module in place of them, connect the wires, and what a difference.
Car used to change at about 3000 before - now it rips out to 4000. I wasn't even mean enough to rev it to 4 standing still, but now it blips up there no-sweat.

Had to ring a mate and tell him I was glad I never listened to him when the car first landed here 3 years ago.
Which of course got an indignant "Why"
So after the satisfaction of inflicting a bit of pain, I told him I would've never known how good they were.

usdefault, Nov 30, 7:06am
Is that the same as replacing the cap and rotor!

Considering replacing mine as it feels a bit sluggish despite doing leads and spark plugs.

lookoutas, Nov 30, 7:28am
Still uses the same cap & rotor - just replaces the points & condenser with an electronic module, and sleeve over the shaft. Then the original rotor & cap goes back on.
195 coins though!

lookoutas, Nov 30, 7:33am

usdefault, Nov 30, 7:58am
Cheers, may try it.

Is it only for Chevs!

aragorn2003, Nov 30, 8:02am
i think its philspeed on here who sells these . have been contemplating doing it with my kp starlet , so a good investmenet! alot of $$ for such a small thing

cuda.340, Nov 30, 8:19am
geez you're playing with so real dinosaure stuff, Chrysler had electronic ign on their V8's since 1971 & it worked flawlessly. 40 years later you're doing it to a Ford! did your motor come from out of the Ark!

lookoutas, Dec 1, 4:32am
Just needed Guinea Pigs:-)

Seems they're available for all makes - mostly.

rkauto, Dec 1, 4:51am
all you needed for the chtysler one was a module the size of a small suitcase under the bonnet and away you go.

lookoutas, Nov 30, 7:28am
Still uses the same cap & rotor - just replaces the points & condenser with an electronic module, and sleeve over the shaft. Then the original rotor & cap goes back on.
195 coins though! (That's NZ)