Mitsubish Lancer Dashboard cluster replacement?

..pip.., Jan 9, 9:27pm
My 1999 Lancer has been having intermittent problems with the dashboard going blank.This happens when the car gets hot or when the weather is really hot.All the instruments displays are blank as well as the speedo and petrol gauge.Looking on the net it seems like a fairly common problem with the lancer and I need to replace the whole pull out dashboard unit.

Now I am about to buy a brand new car.I'm not sure whether it's worth getting the Lancer fixed (it won't pass the warrant with this problem) or just try and trade the car in as is.Will I get more money for the trade in if I get this fixed or for a car this old and 150k on the clock is it not really going to change anything!

The car has been an awesome car and I have had it since 30k when it was 2 years old.Apart from scratches on the bonnet where my daughter scratched a picture of a house and clouds with a STONE! it runs beautifully and has never had issues till this dashboard problem.

So what do you think!Fix the dash or trade in as is where is!(I did contemplate selling the car here on TM but with the bonnet scratches I didn't think it would be worth it)

curlcrown, Jan 9, 9:31pm
It will pass a W.O.F. if it is working at the time of inspection. How often does it happen and for how long when it does!

..pip.., Jan 10, 1:33am
Because it's summer it's pretty much blank all the time unless it's a very cool morning then it stays on just till the air temp gets warm.