Personalised Plates. I got a pair of p plates which i couldnt transfer into my name and remake said put them on my car for 1mont

shuddupowh, Dec 1, 10:36pm
I got a pair of p-plates which I couldnt transfer into my name and Remake said put them on my car for 1month then I am legally allowed to claim ownership for them. Only problem is, they wont suit any of my cars and the car it will suit is currently unlicenced (is off the road as its a project). Does anyone know if I can put the plates on it even if its on HOLD! Or does the car need a current licence.

saxman99, Dec 1, 10:41pm
All of that sounds pretty weird.If the 1 month thing is right, why not just slap them on a car it doesn't suit for a while! A few days ago I saw a merc with a plate day that reads ABM4ME.

shuddupowh, Dec 1, 10:44pm
Yea its got ford abbreviated and I drive a BMW.will have a think about it. The 1 month rule used to be 3months (i know cos I purchased a few cheapies a couple years ago and couldnt put in my name and was told 3months then go to court sign papers etc - now its just one month then call Remake to put into my name).BIG change.

74nova, Dec 2, 7:41pm
My car was on hold when I got my plate and found that if I registered the car under 'A' class, cost about $30 I think,you can then change the plates to the car and after the 'A' class expired I put the car back on hold. BUT they have changed the 'A' class so don't know if you can still do it. I'd just go the post office with all your stuff ready and try.

guider1, Dec 2, 7:49pm
Pretty sure you can put them on an "on-hold" vehicle. I know you can transfer the other way, ie take them off & get new standard plates assigned to the vehicle which is on hold. i've done it that way.

franko171, Dec 2, 8:56pm
i have done it both ways so yes you can

studio1, Dec 3, 12:22am
In the first instance, why were you unable to put them into your name!

kazbanz, Dec 3, 12:26am
I think this is the crux of the matter. P plates are owned by someone so if you are the owner whats the issue!

ebygum1, 1 day, 3 hours
Haha i know that plate,it lives at Bombay.