Personalised plates, top current bid

asa50, Oct 6, 10:23pm
Just killing time looking at plates, plenty of moonbeam asking prices.
The current top plate (based on highest bid seen)
BOOBS

Way better value than some cryptic rugby plate!

kiwicon, Oct 6, 11:25pm
Im in two mines on selling mine. might need to go look at what the current prices are

bm4, Oct 8, 7:34pm
ok kiwicon lets see photo of your boobs see if they are woth anything

aimz_bj, Oct 8, 9:46pm
Think buying a new one is $850 isnt it!Depends on what plate you want to sell will depend on how much you get for it.Again, right buyer, right time

franc123, Oct 8, 9:53pm
Did you happen to sort all the plates by the highest current bid that is reserve met!$380 LMAO, plates are such a lousy investment it isn't funny, and yet brand new the outfit that markets them seems to think that $900 odd is an appropriate price.The gulf between what sellers are asking and what buyers think they are worth is huge.

magoo2, Oct 8, 11:16pm
it says plate.That price might be each

franc123, Oct 9, 12:39am
No he doesn't, according to CJ that plate is a standard one that is issued to a black 2007 Honda CRV.Therefore an illegal sale.

kiwicon, Oct 9, 9:41pm
here we go lol
http://tinyurl.com/3nwb4a4

Nah here is my plate - [: WTF OW :]

socram, Oct 10, 2:21am
LOL!

Also laughing at the above DUA listing! $78,600! On that basis, the one I'd like to sell to subsidise my pension should be worth at least $550,000.

I bought a plate I wanted when they first came out.Since then, PP rang more than once offering to buy it back.When I asked what they'd pay, was told the $300 I paid for it.The very fact that they rang means that they know darn well it is worth a bit.

Crooks - in a shrinking market. Time they shut up shop altogether.

mellisa2000, Oct 10, 4:49am
I don't like black stretchy nipples

rotormotor7, Oct 10, 9:32am
WOW so they were $300 odd when first released and now as less and less people buying them cos all the good ideas are long gone, they now are up to $800! to make up the profit margin stay the same then and now.hahaha

807, Oct 11, 3:21am
I just cringe when I see plates like " mum x 4 " & similar ones.horrendous

socram, Dec 26, 7:05pm
When Murray Thom first set up PP having got the tender, they were indeed $300 and of that, a proportion was supposed to be paid into a Road Safety fund - which was one of the reasons we bought into it.Murray Thom was a smart cookie and I believe, honourable with it.
As you say, a (sales) market that has probaby now shrunk by about 95%, with all the decent plates long gone.
Even the early $300 plates rarely sell on TM, but we never bought ours for profit, just a bit of fun.At $800, definitely nota bit of fun - and I would love to know if any of that $800 has been going into any road safety initiative.Somehow, I doubt it.
Incidentally, I did ask a PP rep a year or three ago how much I'd probably have to pay for the plate they wanted to buy back - without disclosing that I already owned it.I was told that it would probably be over $10,000.That was then of course.I doubt I'd get anywhere near that if I decided to sell today.