Will make Jazz happy!

clark20, Jan 28, 6:37am
Wheels magazine has awarded the VW Polo car of the year in Australia, last year it was the Golf

chris_051, Jan 28, 7:52am
Wow, so they didn't award it to an Australian car! I don't read wheels anymore but when I did it seemed they were on Holdens and VWs payroll.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 28, 8:08am
The new VW's are just untouchable. VW has had so much money to invest in development for a while now and are just light years ahead of everyone else.

friendly_prawn, the Polos of old were pretty average at best. The Polos of new should be breathtaking. I say should be because I have only experienced the Golf. but the Polo's use the same amazing drive train.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 28, 8:31am
Yeah its a shame really. I don't know why the Polo didn't get the attention the Golf did. Mind you while the Golfs were better they really didn't come of age until the MK5. then they just hit it right out of the ballpark.

That said there were times in past when the Polo was worth considering given what it was up against and the price. But it never was something to get excited about.

shorebee, Jan 29, 4:46am
said in the herald last week the polo tsi engine was being phased out as production costs too high so back to fsi without the twin turbo and super charge.

clark20, Jan 29, 6:02am
Actually I respect their choice, better than here when they give an award to everyone ie best compact, best 4WD, best luxury etc etc it just means all their advertisers win, and whats up with NBR (National Business review) doing a car of the year!

carkitter, Feb 16, 12:47am
Wait til the next major revision of the Commodore or Falcon. Wheels is not fooled by new headlights and taillights only. They are big on new innovation.

Still much prefer Audi to VW. The new A1 is very cool for a small car, is it similar to the new Polo! I think the weak point in the Audi range is the A3, I think it's not far enough above the Golf and way below the A4 in features.

Drove a V10 twin-turbo powered RS6 the other day, what a machine!