Valve cover gaskit

reav3r, Dec 8, 7:49am
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new gasket for my valve cover. I'm planning on taking the valve cover off so while I'm there I might as well change the gasket.

I drive a Mitsubishi Evolution 6, so it's a 4G63 motor. Where can I go to get a new one that is good quality and price!

I'm trying to stay away from Mitsubishi motors as theirs will be stupidly priced. I've looked on TM, Repco, Super Cheap and Google but couldn't find any info.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

vtecintegra, Dec 8, 7:52am
Give Mitsubishi a call - I doubt that part will be very expensive.

jasongroves, Dec 8, 7:54am

jasongroves, Dec 8, 7:54am
And yep, worth trying Mitsi for an OEM one.

unbeatabull, Dec 8, 6:15pm
OEM Parts are quite often just as cheap if not cheaper then aftermarket and you don't have to worry about it being a poor fit etc (Generally, unless its a Ford Part . we have a saying in our workshop, you know its a genuine ford part when you have to modify it to fit!)

phillip.weston, Dec 8, 8:03pm
Perhaps one of the most common gaskets sold - it's the same gasket from 1987 right through to 2005ish. Try Repco, Supercheap, BNT etc. I would expect retail price to be around $30-50 depending where you go.

n3d4sp3d, Dec 9, 6:41pm
i work at mitsi and this part is cheap your local dealer may or may not have one in stock but our parts dept in wgtn has huge boxes full of them and your dealer will be able to get u 1 in overnight