Plugging motorcycle valve?

ninja_man, May 30, 10:37pm
Hi guys, i am wanting to carry out this on my ninja due to too much popping and banging on deceleration.But i need these little plastic caps to do the job properly. any idea of where i can find these!

http://asianconnection71.com/0728PAIRValve1.jpg

iv had a look at the warehouse and repco but cant find them.

ginga4lyfe, May 30, 10:44pm
if you cant find them, maybe find a hose that will fit snugly and pop a screw or something in the other end !

ninja_man, May 30, 10:45pm
yeah that could work.

crzyhrse, May 30, 10:53pm
You more than likely just have an exhaust leak.

ninja_man, May 30, 10:55pm
the backfiring noise is due to the after market muffler, and its a fairly new exhaust so it wont be an exhaust leak.

tmenz, May 30, 11:07pm
I saw something like that at Supercheap (or was it Repco) a couple of days ago - several sizes for capping vacuum lines. (It was on one of their rotating stands of blister packs of useful bits and pieces - like upholstery clips).

crzyhrse, May 30, 11:21pm
Why! Because nothing new ever leaks! That depends entirely on who fitted it and whether it was a good fit.

The popping and banging is due to unburned fuel on overrun igniting in the exhaust. This happens much more readily when air is introduced by a leak to the exhaust because without oxygen there is no burning.

ninja_man, May 30, 11:26pm
iv actually had two different exhausts on it, both fitted myself (and checked by my mechanic), both had the same problem. Lots of people with my bike are having exactly the same problems and plugging the pair valve has sorted the issue. cheers

helpless, May 31, 1:15am
mmm.One would assume you've had it rejetted to take the different exhaust. Popping=Lean, Popping=air leak, Popping =Bad air cut off valve if the carbs come with one.,,You're sorted though with that hunk of plastic.

berg, May 31, 3:45am

ninja_man, May 31, 3:49am
have already looked there, i know how to do it, i just need the parts to do it properly.

berg, May 31, 3:55am
Ahh just looked at your original pic. Try a hydraulic place. They use caps like that for blocking open hoses.

ninja_man, Apr 22, 3:48pm
ok thanks, might have a look next weekend.