How do I rotate the housing on my TD04HL turbo!

vtecnet, Dec 10, 12:44am
Hi Guys,
am changing my VF-10 on CRX to a TD04HL, however the oil lines are in the wrong place, I need to rotate the housing, however I need to pull out a locating pin apparently, but I can't see any locating pin, has anyone done this before! thanks.

vtecnet, Dec 10, 1:45am
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/img1072kx.jpg/ here's a pic, as you can see everything is in the position I want except for oil return and feed

pollymay, Dec 10, 2:19am
The pin is in the housings. Get it apart and you'll see, it's small but if you don't grind it off then when you put it back together the assembly won't go down straight. iirc it's under that V band clamp. Undo the clamp and carefully part the housings and you'll see it.

At least it was there when I did a td04L which is close to the HL except for the 13T wheel.

vtecnet, Dec 10, 2:41am
Cool, I have separated the units, was surprisingly easy, I ground down the pin, however I need some decent circlip pliers now, so that I can remove this massive circlip from the back of the compressor housing. so that I can move it to the correct position.

phillip.weston, Dec 10, 6:02am
the compressor housing has a pin also.