Volvo 5 cyl engines

Page 2 / 3
thejazzpianoma, Dec 11, 4:26am
+1 have used them myself, very helpful.

mrcat1, Dec 11, 5:53am
Watch out then, the new Ford/ Mazda utes are supposed to have a 5 cyl Volvo power plant.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 11, 6:13am
I wonder what is going to happen with those, now Volvo has been sold to the Chinese who want to ruin the brand by making them build led clad bling machines for wealthy chinese with multiple mistress's (pretty much the exact words of the Chinese director).

bill-robinson, Dec 11, 6:26am
Thanks Jazz., as you say if you know the tricks for setting up a car it is not hard.Bill

the-lada-dude, Dec 11, 6:33pm
this turned out to be a great thread,
thanks you all.

don_logan, Dec 11, 6:51pm
"All I am saying is that if two major Fiat suppliers can survive on half the population of vehicles then we can support at least two major Volvo suppliers."

I think this says more about the consumption Fiats have for spare parts, than the viabilty of a second Volvo parts supplier. merry xmas Jazz

roadkillcafe, Dec 11, 7:19pm
5 cylinders lol

thejazzpianoma, Dec 11, 11:10pm
LOL, nice quip!
Funny thing is I find my Fiats have always required the least repairs of any cars I have owned. and I have owned a lot of cars. The Fiats have always done the hardest work too!
Anyhow, credit where its due.
Merry Christmas.

daryl14, Dec 12, 4:51am
You should have mail. Spambox!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 12, 4:53am
When was it sent!
I have been looking out for you!
Perhaps do a re-send and then post here.
Thanks!

wasser61, Dec 12, 5:36am
meaning!

chris_051, Dec 12, 5:37am
Worked on plenty of Volvo trucks with over 1 million kays unopened engine so can't be a bad thing. Actually driving one atm, 1.24 million, best trucks on the road, as for the cars well priced luxury cruisers.

daryl14, Dec 12, 5:41am
have re sent to you, sheez it's hard bein dodgy!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 12, 5:51am
I know!
You are right it went to spam. but not on my PC I had to log on to get it online. All sorted now, and yes we do have the crotchless ones in fuchia and a Womans size 12 usually fits a Mens medium.

mrcat1, Dec 12, 6:28am
Don't know if i would say they are the best on the road, As far as i'm concerned not much is better than Pacifics or KW's, with Oshkosh's closely behind.

daryl14, Dec 12, 5:46pm
Thanks for that mate, so just to double check, they are your mum's favourite yeah! I really just feel I should do this one thing for her because when I left hers earlier she had shit from arsehole to breakfast.

pollymay, Dec 12, 5:51pm
Those I know in the biz like Scania and volvo, the kenworths always seem less refined.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 12, 9:21pm
LOL, touche.

bwg11, Dec 13, 1:58am
Do you have a source for this information. I had also heard the source was Mecedes.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 13, 5:30am
This could likely be the case as Ford have sold their interest in Volvo to the Chinese as far as I am aware. I assume this is still the case!

If so their plans for using the Volvo engine could well have been changed.

usdefault, Dec 13, 9:35am
The irony being that the 'new' Chinese owned 5 cylinder engines will be ridiculed in the next 5 years for their unreliability.

The original Volvo 5 cylinder engines were very reliable.

The Chinese ones you'll see soon will be shit.

Bit like Maserati.wen-
t crook for a few years.

bwg11, Dec 13, 11:55pm
Who knows the origin of the 5 cylinder turbo petrol engine of the new Ford Kuga! This is not a test, I don't know.

sakofan, Dec 14, 3:48am
Had a Volvo 440 and the thing was a lemon. Cooling system never worked properly - sitting at a standstill, the temp guage went up and up - once the needle hit the red zone the fan came on. Had to use the heater at full blast or drive for a while to get the guage back to halfway.

In and out of the shop with a lot of work done under warranty, problem was never resolved when I sold it.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 14, 4:36am
4 cylinder 80's technology though, you are quite right but not really applicable any more.

chris_051, Dec 14, 6:35am
Yet the old volvos were a hit over in the harsh Aussie outback, mostly cos they were built like a brick shit house and made to last.