First boyracer car to be crushed

Page 3 / 3
smac, Dec 13, 6:21am
Couple of points here: you've completely missed the point the Police stats show a decrease in boy racer type offenses since the introduction of the law (despite most Police not being in favour of it at the time). Secondly, as another poster above you completely miss the target when describing your average drink driver. You've average drink driver is a middle aged parent driving the family wagon.

pollymay, Dec 13, 6:24am
That's the car!!!!!!

ARE YOU FU**ING KIDDING ME. I've seen frying pans from the warehouse worth more than that thing. What a waste of goddamn time, well done media, what a worthy story. I'd also like to thank NZ judges and police for this accomplishment, truly a proud day for everyone that this groundbreaking punishment will be served, he will obviously be devastated at the loss of his paperweight, er.car.

neville48, Dec 13, 6:33am
Well do we follow the new trend in punishment and burn houses that are used
for the growing/dealing of drugs [not murderers though, sorry David bahaha]
what a loss to the motoring enthusiasts that toyota will be, Jeremy Clarkson will no doubt do a segment on it,what is he going to tell his family and freinds.after they stop laughing in dis-belief.

a18a, Dec 13, 6:46am
LOL so he got some time to completely strip the car before they take it. I thought they would've taken it from him on the spot.

therafter1, Dec 13, 6:50am
I usually do lol

Many factors contribute towards stats, many of those factors are difficult to survey and record.

I know I'm being pedantic, but I did say recidivist.

I have a fair idea of what does and does not get impounded, I do it as part of my job. And I also have a fair idea of their various vocations lol

elect70, Dec 14, 1:54am
Exactly its the cops discretionboth the porsche & john rae'saction were same , cops just love toping guys in expensive cars . Remember the incident with Bob Jones taking his family to airport in new XKSjag . Copdeliberatlyheld him so they missed the plane . BUt he took them to court for unlawfull detention & won . 1 up for motorists

esprit, Dec 14, 2:14am
"Sustained" needs to be proved in court though. Generally unless the officer can lay claim to telltale signals like smoke billowing from the rear or dark black marks on the road, then most judges will throw a charge out, unless the defendant has a load of other dropkick convictions.

Cop tried to do me for that a couple years back. Said I was off back up the road to take photos at the time of the offence showing complete lack of black marks on the road for when I saw him in court. prick backed off pretty quick thereafter.

kazbanz, Dec 14, 3:20am
WHAT A JOKE !.
So the boyracer lost exactly what!a gutted out rolling chasis.
That is utter apsolute rubbish.
Clearly he had time to strip it down and sell offall the rest of it barr theroller.

smac, Dec 14, 3:24am
The wording of which law makes you think that!

nzemale, Dec 14, 9:43am
I havent read all the postings here, but I did see the Corolla on the telly last night. It was just a bloody shell - the guy took all the good parts off it and they are going to crush just the shell/body! Waste of time by the authorities who think they have scored a big one on this.
I would say the stupid stupid authorities cant see that the running gear etc has one.

yet another dumb law dreamed up by dipshits totally out of touch with society and humanity.

crzyhrse, Dec 14, 10:13am
Also no. Unnecessary exhibition of acceleration or speed requires you to have exceeded the speed limit AND contravened an enactment other than Section 22A of the Land Transport Act 1998 in relation to the operation of the vehicle.
http://legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1998/0110/latest/DLM434542.html
So if you're within the speed limit and not doing anything else wrong, it does not apply. Of course, that's not to say they won't simply lie if you fail the 'attitude test' (which is to simply express how awesome you think they are and lick their jack boots) by knowing the law. They really hate other 'smartarses'.

crzyhrse, Dec 14, 10:26am
And a corresponding increase in the failing to stops and deaths resulting from the pursuits, I'm sure. Especially when they pulled out of the chase 60 seconds beforehand.

It would of course be extremely foolish to attribute any decrease solely to a law change just like the way the clowns in blue are always claiming a victory on long weekends now that they reduce the 'tolerance' to 4km/h and there is an apparently corresponding reduction in the road toll. The trouble is they fail to take into account any other factors, unless of course the road toll is the same as or higher for that weekend than the previous year.
Have a look at the actual numbers.
http://www.transport.govt.nz/ourwork/Land/landsafety/HolidayRoadToll/

kazbanz, Dec 14, 8:16pm
Actually--DID the boyracer get to strip the car out or were the parts sold off by the powers that be!

ninja_man, Dec 14, 10:32pm
interesting read.