Austin J2-M16 Van

morrisjvan, Feb 2, 1:38am
rarer than rocking horse poo, i have one in my shed that i am converting to a pick-up (as per factory) but is incredably rusty! will have to replace just about every panel ! so if it's not too bad or can do rust work yourself it will be a good project. professionally done you could pay someone 30k-40k for body work!good luck !

scoooot, Feb 2, 2:18am
I'd be keen to know of any on the road and what they would be worth. This is a 1964 model and runs very well, just a bit rusty.

morrisjvan, Feb 2, 3:39am
don't know of any still on the road , what they are worth!how much would you pay for a good one !10k+ a parts one $50.00 !

scoooot, Feb 2, 8:47am
Anyone else out there know any of these vans!

scoobeey, Feb 2, 8:49am
more sentimenal value really or scrappy box tui :)

rozendaal, Feb 2, 10:25am
There was a nice J2 camper on TradeMe a couple of years ago.
Honestly the only half decent old van was the VW Transporter. too bad they are so expensive now.

movnon, Feb 2, 10:33am
did tons of work on those beasts 40 odd years ago. Had eliminated them from my memory till you bloody reminded me!

rozendaal, Feb 2, 10:37am
The J4s were an absolute pig to drive and work on. apart from the really cool sliding doors on the J2 I can only imagine how hard they would be to live with.

socram, Feb 2, 11:23pm
Not my cup of tea either, but a later Sherpa powerd by a decent engine is different story!

scoooot, Feb 3, 1:00am
Hey hey hey! i thought this was a cool peice of old history, its a pretty old machine for those of us still in our tweenties! thought it could be worth fixing up and getting on the raod for the future generations to enjoy.

littlebob7, Feb 3, 1:49am
Years agoI worked for a firm that had onewhen they were "new"It seemed likeevery 6 monthsit had to havenew kingpinsin order to get a WOF

morrisjvan, Feb 4, 10:22pm
the j2 is a cool piece of history ,and the sherpa was just a big ugly pig .

jrlaw, Feb 5, 2:39am
As said before nasty to work on, But cannot remember the last time I saw one on the road.The brakes were a sod to work on with the wheels set so far under the body. I feel if you like it buy and fix it, for it is a rare beast these days.

gilco2, Mar 12, 9:43pm
Used to work on those years again. Loved them. I liked the J4better but not so much the JU250.(ducks for cover)