Radiator, replace or fix.

tmenz, Feb 5, 8:35pm
I went through the same dilemmma with a Honda radiator. Got a new one for $200 odd and simply replaced it. Would have been approaching this to repair the original.

franc123, Feb 5, 8:35pm
just getting the top tank done will be cheaper if you want to get rid of it, normally pans out to about $250-300 drive in drive out which includes a proper internal cleaning (recommended).

robbo36, Feb 5, 8:38pm
I just had a cracked top tank on my corona. Priced up new, $300 for non-chinese one. Ended up getting radiator cleaned and got top tank replaced for $140 cash (GST incl). As long as your core is mint, then tank replacement is what I would go for. But you won't know that until the tank is removed and there will be a cost just to find out.

intrade, Feb 5, 10:22pm
forget fixing radiators fitting new tanks be like 160$ and on hereyou could if your in luck get a new one for like 220- 300$
if the core is absolut mint you can get the tank changed but usually a tank crack due to old age and cores are worn.

pandai, Feb 5, 11:37pm
That's exactly what a local/suburban mechanic charged to repair the radiator in an older car I used to have.They sent it out elsewhere.

I was quite pissed off as at the time there was a brand new OEM radiator on TM for $220!Should have dealt with the problem myself.I never went there again.

shaun16, Feb 6, 12:02am
not sure what a cefiro would be like to fit one on, but i did my primera myself. about 220 delivered for radiator off here, 30 bux antifreeze, fitted it myself so free and then i needed a thermostat so that was an extra $30. so $280 plus my time fitting

musikcrazee, Feb 6, 3:16am
Dont buy from him - cheap chinese knockoffs. I had a radiator from him (brand new) and it blew a crack in the top tank after 2 weeks.Got a replacement and nearly overheaded the car. Found out he gave me one for a 1.8litre corona not a 2.0 (even though I told him so). Got one in the end from Silverdale - you can really notice the difference in build quality.

Those radiators are cheap for a reason

electro2000, Mar 16, 6:44pm
ive brought a few of Silverdale radiators, real good to deal with I just looked them up in the phone book and rang themas they did not have mine listedgave them credit card number and the next day i had it it worked out cheaper then tank replacement or new from local rad shop I have since brought a couple more can't be bothered havingtired old rads fixed