Help - Need new Remote for Steelmate Car Alarm

m69, Feb 7, 8:39am
Hi,my son needs a new remote for his car that he has just bought, I have contacted a comapny in Pukekohe that does car alarm remotes,I sent him some photos, but he said it is a japanese imported one and he couldnt help. Just wondering if anyone has any other places that may be able to help us.
Would appreciate any help before the original remote falls to pieces & we end up really stuck!

curlcrown, Feb 7, 8:41am
If you are only worried about being stuck and unable to dissarm the alarm get it bypassed. Most auto sparkies should be able to do it easily.

m69, Feb 7, 8:43am
No, it is a car that is well known for being stolen so we would really still like to use the alarm system.Took him forever to save up for it,& to only have it stolen would be heartbreaking.

jono2912, Feb 7, 9:20am
What brand is it! Because to be honest, you're alarm probably won't do much, if it's on the top stolen vehicles list.

townie55, Mar 23, 5:58pm
I had one of these alarms fiited to my wife's car and was unable to find a new one as they don't make them anymore.

I tried to make contact with the company overseas but they did not respond to my email.As my wife had dropped and badly damaged the remote, the car was immobilsed.In the end an auto sparky ripped the whole unit out for me and I was at least able to use the car again.

Plus, I agree with jono.There are only a handful of alarms that the professional car thief can't bypass, and the steelmate is easy prey.