Tyres can you go down

ziggy32, Feb 6, 7:04am
from a 15inc to a 14inc i wont to get same mags for my car seen a nice set off 14inc

andrea_w, Feb 6, 7:59am
Your question is so badly written its hard to know exactly what you're asking.
Do you want to know if your 15" tyres will fit on a 14" wheel!
Answer : No.
Or is that not what you're asking!

franc123, Feb 6, 8:13am
Yes, providing the width and offset are compatible, and that a smaller rim size isn't going to foul on the brakes, or anything else.Bear in mind that you are going to have to go up 1 profile on the tyres to keep the overall circumference of the tyre within 5% of what it was originally, assuming that the wheels/tyres you have are what they should be.Dead simple.

ofive, Feb 6, 8:23am
depends on the car.

cjohnw, Feb 6, 9:24am
I wouldn't go down in size purely from the asthetics if nothing else.

It will look stupid.

Better to go up in size and a lower profile tyre.

directorylist, Feb 6, 9:39am
Yeah because thats a great idea no matter what car it is.

carkitter, Feb 6, 11:03am
If 15" was standard on the car then no you can't as you'd have issues getting a WOF with lower spec tyres than what was standard. If it's something like an old-school Commodore and you used 14" OEM sized items, then you'd probably get away with it.

kevymtnz, Feb 6, 12:03pm
that looks worse

ziggy32, Feb 7, 6:25am
ok thanks its a female asking(explains it all LOL) iv seen same nice 16in so might try form them as theres not many 15in that iv seen that ilike

jsbike, Mar 24, 1:49am
wrong, wheels can be ANY size and not need cert proveded when they are fitted with tyres, the rolling diameter of the tyre is no more than 5%+/- of oem tyres rolling diameter