Wheel spacers. I was at beaurepairs today looking at wheel options for my car as it has 38 wheels and 40mm spacers and the guy t

shazza541, Dec 20, 12:13am
I was at beaurepairs today looking at wheel options for my car (as it has +38 wheels and 40mm spacers) and the guy told me i could get my car certified with the spacers it has at the mo. I said "nah im sure the max is 25mm" and he said no he has had a car certified himself with 35mm bolt on spacers. So long as they bolt to the wheel or hub, are hubcentric and good quality it is fine.! I went to local certifier to confirm but he was out on lunch break. Anyone else come across this! I always thought it was 25mm max

smac, Dec 20, 12:21am

shazza541, Dec 20, 12:24am
just rung a cert place who said they are fine so problem solved

smac, Dec 20, 6:15am
Huh. A real cert place!

mugenb20b, Dec 20, 6:23am
Yeah, whatever.

franc123, Dec 20, 6:26am
The 25mm maximum thing is only the amount of track width difference you can have from OEM ie 12.5mm difference in offset on each side BEFORE certification is needed.If its greater than that and the LVV certifier approves it, they approve it.Don't argue with them lol.

shazza541, Dec 20, 6:46am
yea because overall track is only increased by 32mm (16mm each side) it is no problem

smac, Dec 20, 6:56am
How do you get a total 32mm track increase from 40mm spacers!

Ahh OK, I see the bit about +38 wheels.

However that doesn't explain why he's ignoring the 20mm max spacer rule!

neville48, Dec 23, 2:44am
I see rule 2;1 [3]Tyres on the same axle must be of the same size designation andconstruction,and of the same tread pattern type.this is not a WOF requirement so why is there a difference between LVVTA and WOF standards.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 23, 3:12am
What are you on about!