Spare wheel for caravan

jojo76, Dec 24, 1:42am
Our caravan is in need of a spare wheel.Could one be sourced threw a car wreckers of is there a place specificly for caravan wheels.
The tyres i have on the van are an odd size only has 550-13, so what if anything is that equivalent too! Ta

mrfxit, Dec 24, 2:00am
Going to need a lot more info then just the current tyre size

Do you ONLY need a tyre or a complete wheel (rim & tyre)
how much room is there between the current tyre on the caravan & the inside panel behind the wheel

jojo76, Dec 24, 2:05am
we need rim and tyre.only needed as a spare.Will have to go measure the amount of space there is to the inside panel.

busdriverman, Dec 24, 2:36am
We used to have a 1980's NZ made caravan that had same size tyres, that are old crossplys, and I changed the rims to 14 inch and put 185.14 commercial radials on them. The overall outside diameter of the tyre was the same as the old one. But with a lot more weight carrying capacity and less rolling resistance too. I had to get the hubs redrilled to fit the studs in a japanese wheel 4 stud pattern to change them from the 13"Cortina wheel stud pattern that they were, but that wasn't a major job. Then getting a spare wheel and tyre was much easier. Hope that helps.

mrfxit, Dec 24, 2:43am
Do you know how to upload a pic to trademe
Side of caravan clearly showing the fitted wheel (remove any hubcap )

guider1, Dec 24, 8:49pm
Depending on how old it is it could even have Vauxhall rims. be nice trying to find one of them now.
But I have some off an old caravan we wrecked.

frank1, Dec 25, 12:40am
Could also be MK3/4 Cortina rims,had to get new wheels/tyres for my 83 Panorama 18ft and they fitted perfectly.

morrisjvan, Dec 25, 1:37am
It could be pretty much any 13'' rim,could be cortina,zephyr,hillman,toyota,-
bedford,marina etc etc more info required!nissan, austin,morris,mazda .etc,etc,skoda,holden.

cuda.340, Dec 25, 3:01am
i have some cortina rostyle rims on my caravan. kinda pimped up a bit lol

bentcoupe, Dec 25, 7:59pm
Hihow many studs hold the rim on! That is the first question!Nice weather aye!

jojo76, Dec 27, 11:26pm
Hi bentcoupe.it is a 4 stud.Weather is fantastic at the moment coastal taranaki, but rough weather is just around the corner:(

mrfxit, Dec 27, 11:32pm
A photo of the current rim would serve MUCH BETTER.
Theres about 5 different basic 4 stud rims around & various rim depths available