BMW 540 Bonnet Badge

hawat, Dec 24, 6:32pm
Some nice person levered the bonnet badge off our 540. Thanks very much to that person. Does anyone know how much they are to buy and whether they are easy to install! I suppose this happens often but we have been lucky over the years with nothing too bad. Seems to attract them more when I have had the car groomed. It scrubs up nice. Been egged a couple of times but not keyed.

cummingsra1, Dec 24, 7:10pm
Hi, sorry to hear about the loss. The badges (most likely not factory) are available on here for around $20. A video on how to install is here: http://blog.bavauto.com/3091/bmw-roundel-emblem-replacement-video/

hawat, Dec 24, 7:21pm
Excellent, thanks cummings, pall of gloom just lifted. Something so simple can ruin the festive feeling but one quick entry on the tm boards and hey presto. My case might be a little more complicated as the nice person broke the securing pins off when they levered the badge off but not a biggee I think.

saxman99, Dec 24, 7:26pm
Haven't done a late model one, but done heaps of 90s bimmer badges, mostly due to the **** sucking **** eating scumbag lowlife ****ers who seem to think they have a right to touch other people's stuff. They go on easily, just pop into the two lugs with a bit of a push.

BMW deliberately made them pretty easy to remove, because they know that
there are **** sucking **** eating scumbag lowlife ****ers who seem to think they have a right to touch other people's stuff, so by making them pop off easily it avoids damage to the bonnet panel which would cost serious money to fix.

Merry Christmas!

hawat, Dec 24, 7:40pm
hee hee thanks too saxman. I hadn't got the rage thing going just the depression thing looking out my office window at the badgeless bonnet. Sequence was, get up, open chrissie prezzies, coffee and croissants with the family then gloom as I looked out the window. But all gone now thanks to you guys. Yep agree too saxman about the idiots who do this.

bmwnz, Dec 24, 9:43pm
BMW agents also sell little stick on roundels for a few $ each that fit onto mags. One of mine had some after-market wheels on and I removed their stickers and replaced them with BMW ones and the car looked more complete to me.

carstauranga001, Dec 24, 9:49pm
Got some on here from trader safe.trade and they are excellent.

foxdonut, Dec 25, 2:17am
Rice it up a bit with a schnitzer or hartge badge instead. They come around every so often, same bit of plastic, just a different design.

sharchew, Dec 25, 2:25am
Trademe Auctions433842025434670413434809610Or go into Trademecar partsBMWthen put in BADGES they will all come up.

mantagsi, Dec 25, 10:48am
I have no idea why the hell people steal car badges, crikey, they are so easy to come by legitimately, and in usually mint condition, it is dumb. Fingers crossed that in some crazy heath robinson fashion that the badge manages to wreck their life somehow!

hawat, Dec 25, 6:09pm
I think they don't do it only for the badge, its also to deface the car as well. In that case taking the badge could be a good thing as it acts like a safety valve. The need to deface the car is satisfied by taking the badge, otherwise they might do more damaging stuff like keying the car. Much more expensive to fix.

bmwnz, Dec 25, 6:46pm
Apart from the serial arseholes, sometimes it could just be a spur of the moment thing by a bunch of kids.