Any 1983-85 Yamaha XV 750-1100 ppl

longnite, Jan 1, 9:27pm
last bump there must be some one out there that can rewind it !

noodleman4, Jan 1, 9:38pm
when my flatmate gets back this week ill ask him, hes an auto sparky and into bikes.

longnite, Jan 1, 9:41pm
Sweet thanks

longnite, Jan 1, 9:50pm
If push comes to shove ill get a new one in from the states it will cost me $234.00 NZ but its still cheaper than buying a starter locally even the wreckers want over $200.00 for a used one so im better off getting new at that price

longnite, Jan 4, 4:54am
bounce

noodleman4, Jan 4, 8:15am
Sorry mate, cant help with rewind, try trader tin12 he recently brought quite a few racks full of bike parts off a local.

keeptightningme, Jan 4, 8:24am
It's a no brainer $234.00 for a new one. Even if you could find someone in NZ to rewind it, I would be supprised if they could do it for cheeper and at the end of the day it would still be your old starter motor.

longnite, Dec 28, 3:08am
Hi i'm looking for a starter motor for my Virago anyone have any ideas where i can get one at a reasonable price so far all wreckers want way more than i can import one from the USA and it is new.
Or another option is rewind the armature can anyone suggest who dose this in NZ the only person i know of that rewinds armatures won't do motor bike ones

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 28, 3:15am
Otahuhu Rewinders in Huia Road used to do them.

You sure it needs rewinding!

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 28, 3:17am
Now South Pacific Rewinders.
http://www.southpacificrewinders.co.nz/
Looks like they're more maritime these days.

longnite, Dec 28, 3:50am
it needs a rewind for sure i had it checked out at the local bike shop and the armature only gives a reading on 2 or 3 of the poles

longnite, Dec 29, 3:13am
No longer a phone number for Otahuhu rewinds