Have decided to sell the hot rod

Page 1 / 2
amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 8:17pm
but am selling in america, as i think it may get more money. Have given my face book community a chance to buy it, do you think people will b e offended if i dont offer it in nz first!

vjregal770, Feb 12, 8:19pm
Don't worry about offending anyone. Your car, your decision. No-one els's business.

Do you have a pic! :-)

budgel, Feb 12, 8:20pm
It is yours to sell as you see fit. Will you be offended by the approx 4million people in NZ who wont want to buy it!

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 8:23pm
on my profile pic,

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 8:25pm
it a small hot rod community thats what i mean
and a well known car, but id like to try america first.

kiwisparky, Feb 12, 8:27pm
so what makes u think somebody in america will want it .the cost of getting it there and everything else wont be worth it .there are so many good deals over there at moment .im not trying to be a dick .advertise it everywhere even in our country .

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 8:34pm
point taken. hubbies idea to advertise on ebay so will pass this on. are people buying in nz!

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 8:35pm
oh kiwi, i know of a 56 chev for sale for 20 k, needs chrome redone but nice

kiwisparky, Feb 12, 8:39pm
ive got enough cars trying to sell my 55 now

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 8:39pm
saw that. lol

woki, Feb 12, 8:41pm
The point of selling overseas is NZ built cars are usually built and finished to a very very high standard . NZers have a habit of always trying to kinock something they want or is nicer than their own .
America has population and more punters with more $$$ .
Cost to get to America is minimal compared to the value of the car !
Advertise globally , E-bay .

lookoutas, Feb 12, 8:44pm
TM will nuke you if they're likely to miss out!

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 8:46pm
im happy to list on here

lookoutas, Feb 12, 8:54pm
You just have:)

My first thought is, "Don't sell it!"
Post a pic.

lookoutas, Feb 12, 8:55pm
On second thoughts - that might be pushing it.

cuda.340, Feb 12, 9:21pm
watch out for scammers Amber, i was selling a car on a US website & the scammers started buzzing around real quick when they realised i was not US based. if they do & you're clever, you can make some coin off them if you're quick & cash their cheques & invest in a 28 day term deposit. it takes that long for the banks to work out they're fraudulant & ask for their money back.

cuda.340, Feb 12, 9:22pm
so you going to race the Porche in the pussy class on friday nights then!

jason18, Feb 12, 9:40pm
The good deals are over there are usually made of bloody bog as the americans love using that crap! So many imported steel cars these days are full of BOG! They look good with the paint but man they poo them up. We checked out a newly imported 32 3 window. Talking to the panel beater and he said it looked awesome when it came un. Went to do a few patch ups ended up completely redoing the metal work thanks to the yanks

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 9:53pm
no i can race the black torana if need be 11s and wheel spin the whole track,,, cuda, after a bit of a shock regarding job situation, i have decided to work hard on getting mortgage free, and this will be a big step. suppose i have to grow up sometime.

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 9:54pm
How can you tell if they are scammers, isnt there someting like paypal!

unideck, Feb 12, 10:15pm
Funny, I am looking at sending my 2000 Discovery TD5 over to the UK to sell, they fetch 3x what they do here and a one way 20' container is a very cheap option to get it delivered.

cuda.340, Feb 12, 10:18pm
don't use Paypal, scammers love that one too. the biggest way to spot a scammer is they overpay you by a considerable amount & ask you give the extra $ to their representaive. you pay them & they have your goods & you end up out of pocket & no goods.

amber.gumdrop, Feb 12, 10:54pm
thanks cuda, gotta go now off to hastings.

eke690, Feb 12, 11:57pm
Wow thats interesting, especially with the appalling exchange rate (for uk buyers). It is the opposite with the likes of BMW's, Audi's etc where they sell for half the price there than in NZ.

carmedic, Feb 13, 12:36am
Do your sums carefully, I??