Moped keeps blowing headlight and indicators

Page 1 / 2
millna, Jan 1, 4:07am
although after reading more on line it might just be my battery. the first faq in this page. http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Honda_Express_Repair#FAQ

millna, Jan 1, 10:25am
what the deal with the new led bulbs. can you get 6v ones!. are they worth the extra cost!

msigg, Jan 2, 12:28am
sounds like its overcharging to me just put a 12volt lamp in one thing and try rev it see if and how it goes., try lower wattage bulbs.

millna, Jan 2, 2:03am
which battery supplier will I find one of these at http://www.motoone.co.nz/yuasa-6n2-2a-4-battery.html

(I tried supercheap auto but had no luck)

m16d, Jan 2, 2:05am
They arn't worth the extra cost if your just going to blow them up.

millna, Jan 2, 2:40am
cheers. so when I get the new battery should I only put one bulb in the bike so I don't blow 6 bulbs again!

m16d, Jan 2, 2:53am
You need to put a meter on and check the voltage at the battery when you rev it up.
For a 6 volt system it should not be more than 7 or 8,othewise you'll only cook the new battery.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 2, 10:11pm
No use just bumping. You need to read the posts.

millna, Jan 2, 10:25pm
yip, i have read posts. I am looking for a battery supplier, I can't see any written here. I went to supercheap but they do not stock what i need. I am looking for a supplier. bump

kazbanz, Jan 2, 10:35pm
Are you certain the battery is in fact goosed! -Have you tried charging it up and have you tested the regulator on the bike!

bitsy_boffin, Jan 2, 10:46pm
Eh!You can buy one right from the link you posted.Seems like the easiest solution to me.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 2, 11:27pm
No, no and ummmmm. no.

millna, Jan 3, 2:26am
Battery is supplied dry and doesn't come with battery acid, you can have it filled at your local battery shop.I suspect I can find one local all charged up ready to go. no waiting

kazbanz, Jan 3, 2:30am
I buy around 100 batteries a year and have NEVER been supplied a battery that was dry or diddn't have acid supplied with the battery

bwg11, Jan 3, 2:35am
Unusual - There is usually a plastic pack of the correct amount of acid packed inside the battery carton. Just add and the battery will be part caharged and ready to use.

rob_man, Jan 3, 2:35am
I have, the motorcycle batteries from SCA come dry with a bottle of acid to fill them.
My quad has one from there, it worked out ok when I followed the instructions though it was a first for me.
edit:Oops, I didn't read your post correctly sorry Kaz. Yes, you're right.

millna, Jan 3, 2:36am
if you read the link i provided it states the battery is dry

bjdw, Jan 3, 3:23am
Motorcycle batteries come with the acid not in the battery to extend the shelf life.Re*** deals with Century-Yuasa and should be able to get that battery for you.

bjdw, Jan 3, 3:26am
I don't think battery acid can be sent by a regular courier.

cocabowla, Jan 3, 3:41am
this battery differs to what i found online for them, would suggest you save a lot of mucking around and just go to a motorbike shop tomorrow and get the right one from them, they will have all the references. any good bike shop will fill the battery with acid for you , any of the older (ie not maintanence free ) should be put on a trickle charger for 48 hrs or more for longevity before installing in bike.

(i worked 15yrs in the motorbike trade so do know what i'm on about )

bjdw, Jan 3, 3:53am
I don't think many people do this.That's probably why most of them only have a 6 month warranty.

kazbanz, Jan 3, 4:13am
Ya know you REALLY need to learn to listen.-The batttery is supplied DRY but with the acid in a seperate bottle supplied WITH the battery.
Because the acid is in a SEALEDsmall container the battery can be couriered--again I have em couriered all the time but they are on a DG rated courier

millna, Jan 3, 4:24am
I must be stupid. I can't see any where on that page where it states it comes with a wee bottle of acid.!

Under product info it states.
Patented separators provide high cranking power.
Through-partition construction delivers maximum power.
Unique sealed posts resist corrosion for longer battery life.
Polypropylene construction to reduce damage from fuel & oil, with impact resistant heat-sealed, bonded unit fabrication to protect against seepage and corrosion.
Battery is supplied dry and doesn't come with battery acid, you can have it filled at your local battery shop.

I am going to a bike shop not a website

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 3, 5:31am
Then go to a bike shop.

millna, Jan 3, 6:43am
thanks for the helpful suggestion.