New exhaust pipe rusty

snomonki, Dec 31, 10:27pm
wegot a new exhaust pipe put on th ecar right before christmas and now it's gone all rusty looking, like rust coloued water around it. confirm for me this is not right please, before i take it back to the shop and look like a fool

mugenb20b, Dec 31, 10:29pm
Rust coloured water marks around the tail pipe is normal.

jmma, Dec 31, 10:30pm
Depends what sort of pipe, how much you have used it since having it put on and what car are we talking about!

snomonki, Dec 31, 10:35pm
it's an estima and we use it every day for just running around town etc, i dunno what sort of pipe it is, it did have a big noisy fat (boy racer) type one on there and we had it taken off and just a "normal" one put on

jmma, Dec 31, 10:39pm
Sounds normal to me. Once it gets hot and burns the nice paint job off, they tend to go a rusty colour. Have a look under another car (o:

alan1111, Dec 31, 10:40pm
Its quite normal dont worry about it.

snomonki, Dec 31, 10:42pm
ok thanks for that

gregelz, Jan 1, 6:09am
The pipe is usally not painted although the corrosion oil preventer will burn off when it is first started from being installed so will expose it to the outside elements like water on the road, also the combustion of petrol produces H2o which is water so will also leave slight rust marks on the end of the pipe, you might have seen a bit of vapour or water dribble from the end of the pipe when you first start the motor up,