XR6 EXHAUST

joanie32, Dec 18, 6:08am
Dont do it, bigger isnt always better, infact often quite the opposite.

morrisman1, Dec 18, 6:14am
I wouldn't call 2.5" big for a 4L engine

wsnownz, Dec 18, 6:32am
You idiot! Bigger is ALWAYS better. So is vtec.

joanie32, Dec 18, 6:37am
Its easy to turnanice comfortable car into a droaning, embarassing, try hard F. up.

snj11, Dec 18, 6:39am
yeah if you do it wrong, its also easy to get a nice tone at the wanted level if done properly which im guessing is why they are asking for advise

unbeatabull, Dec 18, 6:45am
Working on these cars everyday, I can say that 90% of exhaust mods lower performance on the XR6. You ideally want a ECU tune as well to go with it, however there are some aftermarket systems designed with the stock tune in mind, Herrod Motorsports and John Bowe Performance both used to have good aftermarket exhaust systems

joanie32, Dec 18, 6:49am
. and my advise was dont doit. Moreoften thannot power and comfort are lost in the quest to modify an exhaust system. It aint broken. Dont try fix it

rayzor14, Dec 18, 10:59pm
Assuming it is a BA or BF non turbo you are fitting it up to then frankly there are better ways to find power.
Non turbos respond very well to a quality set of headers and high flow cat (I do not suggest simply gutting or removing the cat). The rest of the exhaust will flow more than enough.
As suggested earlier, ECU tune on a BA/BF using a flash tuner combined with a high flow cat and headers will yield better power and better economy.

wrong2, Dec 19, 4:48am
if your not increasing the airflow, all your doing is altering the noise

rkauto, Dec 19, 5:00am
I would question why they are advertising a cat back system and in the desciption it says the include high flow cat.I have done a few cat back rage systems with intake and reflash and had good results in the 6 cylinder falcons.

mellisa2000, Dec 19, 8:18am
Agreed with the above. If extractors included (bet not) then jump at it! If cat back only, don't bother. Extractors will delete the cat, and if so, just fit the extractors onto the rest of the std system for a crisper sound, and better economy and slightly more top end power. If just cat back big bore, you will most likely just end up with big drone. No power gain and a pi$$ed off family.
Fish.