1994 mazda lantis egr valve

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 12:58am
I have searched the net endlessly and can not find any help in locating the egr valve for my 1994 mazda lantis 1800 4 cylinder. can any one help PLEASE

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 1:16am
Is that not the PCV Valve!

bigfatmat1, Feb 19, 1:23am
thats a pcv valve egris under throttle body

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 1:42am
the only valve under my throttle body is the bac valve and not a egr valve so are still at a loss

bigfatmat1, Feb 19, 1:44am
bac valve!

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 1:50am
Bypass Air Control Valve (bac)

aredwood, Feb 19, 1:50am
Does the car even have EGR! If it does there will be a metal pipe from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold. BAC valve is another name for idle control valve.

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 2:06am
Thats exactly what I am tending to think. But I understand that all mazdas have one!
Maybe they don't
I have a problem with hesitation on Heavy Acceleration that indictes such a fault and have replaced/inspected/ruled out most other causes

clark20, Feb 19, 2:36am
NZ ones did not have one

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 2:51am
thank you clark20, NZ ones did not have one. But mine was a Jap import, now even more confused

bigfatmat1, Feb 19, 2:53am
coils are a big failure on those engines unfortunately unless you have a scope to check the primary pattern substitution is the only way to check it there are two types on that engine 1 is internal the other is external its the internal coil (inside distributor) that are the main offenders. I would say that a egr valve would not give you the symptoms you are having. also common is the intake pipe to brake in between ribs and when you accelerate the engine moves slighty opening the split up causing unmetered air to enter the engine.

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 2:57am
Yes found cracks in the intake pipe and have replaced that with a new one a few months back, but fault still there. thanks for the tip on coils, will look into that

bigfatmat1, Feb 19, 3:21am
thats the same engine but in a mx5as per my link. you have an internal coil in the distributor as well this would be what i would be checking as per your symptoms as well as rotor and leads any of which could be breaking down under load only. providing you have checked the basics i.e all airleaks, fuel pressure at rail, intake pipes and filter , fault codes, tps adjustment, compression.

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 3:33am
tps has been replaced, new plugs, new leads, air leaks ok, new air filter, new mass air flow meter.
Fault does go away if I keep replacing spark plugs every 1000 kms.!

bigfatmat1, Feb 19, 3:49am
is tps adjusted correctly though. why do you keep replacing spark plugs! they dont wear out that fast.

darrelweavers, Feb 19, 4:31am
tps is set correctly, strange thing about the plugs but i can set the trip meter to zero on the speedo, put new plugs in and it drives like a new car but after 1000kms hesitation on heavy accereration comes back. Out with those plugs and a new set in and car drives like new again. Weird or What

bigfatmat1, Feb 19, 5:40am
well its obviously over fueling and carbon is building up on plugs check pressure regulator and vacuum leaks again. Or check the primary pattern of the coil to see weather its breaking down under load. also the plugs would be good again if you just cleaned the carbon up off them

darrelweavers, May 11, 3:58pm
Car is in at the auto electrician for diagnostic check so will be interesting to see what they find.