Car re spray

Page 1 / 3
jessie01, Jan 4, 7:00am
hi there does anyone no around about how much it would cost to get my car resprayed. it has lots of light scratch marks, almost like a cats been on it. i have had it cut and polished but that hasnt helped much. it is a ss commodore in a black colour with a hint of dark green in it

gunhand, Jan 4, 7:05am
Done properly with quaility products. Between $3 and $5k if no panel work as such is required.Your looking at $300(average) per panel plus front and rare bumper. alot of time goes into doing a good job.

foxdonut, Jan 4, 7:08am
Budget 350 per panel.

attitudedesignz, Jan 4, 7:10am
Hard to give an idea without seeing it. I normally do 'outside' only repaints for between $600 - $1000.

You will get some on here saying that's too cheap or cheap equals crap, well i have plenty of proof to say otherwise.

PS: Feilding isn't far from the 'naki LOL.

jessie01, Jan 4, 7:10am
wow will be dumping some serious $ into cleaning the old girl up. am going to change to a manual also. there is a guy on here who does it in Wellington. has anyone heard how good he is. $3500 to have it done.

jessie01, Jan 4, 7:11am
tempting attitude but its a V8 so gas would be expensive

attitudedesignz, Jan 4, 7:13am
Holy *^#!, i can charge half that panel rate and still make plenty.

jessie01, Jan 4, 7:14am
is there anyone here who is or knows any good spray painters in the Manawatu area.

gammelvind, Jan 4, 7:16am
Lol, but happy to spend $3500 to get it modified from original.

gunhand, Jan 4, 7:17am
A commodore in BC CC for that price!$600 =$75 an hour labour and materials included for an 8 hour day.

jessie01, Jan 4, 7:17am
sure are cant wait to have it as a manual

rob_man, Jan 4, 7:29am
I wonder if it could be Scotched and re-cleared if it's only surface scratches. Just sayin' is all.

jessie01, Jan 4, 7:47am
how is that done please

attitudedesignz, Jan 4, 7:50am
I'm also wondering if a 1500 and cut wouldn't do it.

attitudedesignz, Jan 4, 7:52am
jessie, when you say it's had a "cut & polish" who did it & did they explain what they did!

jessie01, Jan 4, 7:58am
it was done at a painters and they said it was just a cut and polish but wasnt that great and still had polish on some areas. i am a girl so im a bit green in this area but my car is my baby and i want to keep it looking nice

rob_man, Jan 4, 8:10am
Might be worth a second opinion from another paint shop.

jessie01, Jan 4, 8:11am
yep will go into town tomorrow and see what I can find

attitudedesignz, Jan 4, 8:11am
Good on ya for caring 'bout ya car.

A "cut & polish" is really a very good "clean" for want of a better word LOL.

What your car may need is to be sanded with a fine grade sandpaper then "cut".

I'd get as manyopinions from car painters as you can before you comit to a repaint.

Oh and don't let them tell you that you HAVE to get it repainted.

barbuzz, Jan 4, 8:11am
Naki to Fielding would be expensive on gas! Ive filled my 1991 v8 Statesman In Auckland & it only cost $75 to fill back up when I got to Wanganui. That was October last year. With that colour, sounds like yours is a VR/VS, yes!

rob_man, Jan 4, 8:11am
It's like a repaint with just clear.

jessie01, Jan 4, 8:14am
vs yep

gunhand, Jan 4, 8:18am
Panther, rings a bell, black with green flip if its a VRish
Rule of thumb is if you can hook your nail on the scratch its fairly deep and may need colour. As for clear respray, could well work. A proper sand and polish takes a while as well as the clear is god dam hard.What years your car!

bob1088, Jan 4, 8:21am
no one can quote without seeeing - call into say 3 P&P shops and ask to see their previous work as well - cheap is not always good.

jessie01, Jan 4, 8:21am