Who are the Fiat importers

countrypete, Jun 18, 3:51am
Are new Fiats still being brought into NZ, and who is the distributor!It used to be Neville Crighton's Ateco from memory, is it still them, or have they dropped the brand!

ringo2, Jun 18, 3:54am
thejazzpianoma

grangies, Jun 18, 3:57am

bantam3, Jun 18, 4:19am
Andrew Simms in Auckland sell them. The salesman Clive is a Fiat nut. Iv'e got a 2007 Grande Punto and love it.

johnf_456, Jun 18, 4:20am
Yup the guy with the Fiat tats.

countrypete, Jun 18, 4:25am
Thanks guys.I had found the Ateco site but it hadn't been updated since 2006.Wrong site, obviously.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 18, 4:34am
Its still Ateco as far as I am aware. The fact that you wern't aware they were still sold new in NZ reflects the job they are doing.

grangies, Jun 18, 8:12am
Good point.

They really are well built and cheap enough, that they should be selling sh1teloads of them.

For instance the sheetmetal quality, and paintwork (sealing from the elements) is above average.

I know you go into a frenzy about Fiat and Volkswagen, but I actually agree with most of what you say about them.

intrade, Jun 18, 8:51pm
if you need parts you then you only want Gavin to supply you new geniuen fiat parts he will do the lowest price euro-italiancar parts ltd bmw and fiat car parts

intrade, Jun 18, 8:53pm
another fiat fact fiat ownes crysler now so a crysler agent could be merged with fiat for future sales.

countrypete, Jun 19, 12:50am
Fiat do make some good models, and some are likely more reliable than others in the range:Here's a good one:http://www.fiat.co.nz/default.aspx!MenuId=119

thejazzpianoma, Jun 29, 10:04am
Its crazy, NZ is perfect for Fiat cars with their extreme economy, practicality, corrosion protection and performance. Yet those guys just sit on their laurels and let inferior rubbish be sold in higher numbers.

We don't even get great models like the Panda (which would be awsome in NZ) imported at all because they are just too lazy to stock some replacement body panels.

Worse than that they even try to profiteer from those importing secondhand Fiats for themselves. They had a racket going for a while where they sold you a $700 onepage photocopied letter so you could get compliance for imports.

Their phone manner said it all, when I rang up and (Very politely because I didn't know what it would cost at that point) asked for a compliance letter I was told to hold. In the background I heard "Whos that!, Some F&*!wit wanting a compliance letter".

Its a crying shame, there is SO much potential in the Fiat/Alfa brands in NZ yet they piss it all away being lazy, small minded and arrogant.