Nissan metallic BLUE - how do you make it shine!

mcleanj1, Jan 7, 4:58am
I,ve got a Metallic Blue Nissan Stationwagon, does anyone know of a good polish that would make it look good after you wash it! The paint doesn't seem to have any depth! It's a 2003 model Stagea, and the paint has all sorts of marks in it, I've cut and polished but it doesn't seem to shine much, I was wondering if anyone has used that polish that is colour coded! like blue polish! Any comments greatly appreciated.

next-to-normal, Jan 7, 5:07am
Mothers FX wax is a good brand

gammelvind, Jan 7, 5:22am
Sounds like it needs a professional cut and polish. Paint shop or car valet.
Blue polish ( or whatever colour) was a have a few years ago. Lots of good brands of polish out there, 3M, Frecler, mothers, mirka etc etc.
Once your car gets to the stage yours is at, it needs a machine cut.

grangies, Jan 7, 5:23am
Did you cut it by hand, or an electric buff/polisher! Hand cutting will dull it right off.

The best wax I have ever come across is this.

http://www.mitre10mega.co.nz/shop/automotive_garage/car_cleaning/car_polish_liquid_turtle_wax_ice_461894/

It's not cheap but the bottle will do an average car 5-7 times.

next-to-normal, Jan 7, 5:24am
yes that ice polish got a good review

grangies, Jan 7, 5:25am
Also . What do you use to wash it!

Strong soap will get the dirt off good, but can also dull your colour.

grangies, Jan 7, 5:25am
Also . What do you use to wash it!

Strong soap will get the dirt off good, but can also dull your colour/clear.

trdbzr, Jan 7, 5:33am
Turtle ice car wash is also a pretty good car wash as well. Another one i've heard is a good car wash is XT88. But I think you will need to do a machine cut and polish.

grangies, Jan 7, 5:39am
My old Mercedes is dark brown and very glossy, so it shows up every bit of dust and dirt.

I had been using a Meguires carnuba based wax, which was good.

Then after a chat to our paint rep, he suggested the Turtle Wax Ice.

About 6 weeks ago I gave it 2 coats of the the Ice (one in the morning and then again that afternoon).

When the car gets dirty, I just use straight water and a soft sponge to wash it, and it comes up excellent.

Even a good rain shower brings it up nice, as the dust slides off.

grangies, Jan 7, 5:42am
XT88 is very good as a detergent. But it is very powerful.

You need to have the hose running in one hand and rinse it off panel by panel as you apply it. Otherwise it can bite in and leave streaks.

badcam, Feb 2, 9:38am
I use XT88 and recommend it. I've tried Turtle Ice and it's pretty poor in comparison. It takes a couple of washes, but once that layer of ICE is off, the XT88 really starts to shine. You'll see an immediate difference, but you'll notice it more after a few more washes with XT88.

rayzor14, Feb 2, 10:23pm
Sounds like you need to start with the real problem and address it properly. Simply putting a polish on top of the existing problems isnt going to fix much.
Start with a wash - preferably high pressure. Follow that with clay bar, that will remove residue that simple washing will not. Then cut, pre seal and follow with a good quality wax.

pup2, Feb 2, 10:45pm
XT88 here as well. Seams to just get better with each wash. Going to get some FW1 and see how that goes as well. $160 for a detail kit of FW1. Seams fair enough for what you get. And a couple of people that have used it say it works pretty good.

kazbanz, Feb 2, 10:48pm
OP--is there a sticker on your car sayingsomething likewax preservativeor no wax paint sealant -if soits a pain in the butt to get all shiney again

pup2, Feb 2, 11:45pm
Whats this you speak of. Haven't heard of it before

a.woodrow, May 11, 2:38am
Blatant self promotion - reported.