BEACH HOP 2012, Is my Car Possible for Entry ?

Page 1 / 7
blue105e, Jan 9, 9:55am
Its not just his car that is boring. I cannot believe you are increasing the percieved value of your blandbox by $1k just cos it will be one year older.

It didnt sell at the price you have been offering it for all year!

nick644, Jan 9, 12:07pm
were you the guy got banned from old school, because you kept telling everybody how awesome and expensive this car is and everybody else disagreed!

just let it go bro.

pebbles61, Jan 9, 7:31pm
Why does it matter what everyone thinks about your car!.

antil33tnz, Jan 9, 11:59pm
Horray another base model toyota corolla.

jason18, Jan 10, 12:13am
You should put a rota in it cuz

blue105e, Jan 10, 11:36pm
Shame it wasnt in the rena. you could have got an insurance payout.
You would stop posting about it everywhere, you would get the $19950 if you had agreed value or the $1950 if you got market value .

AND you would stop filling up the internet about this car

xsspeed, Jan 11, 4:21am
Wow 6 pages, I see Phil gave up, if you love your car so much, why are you trying to force it down everyone's throats to sell it!

Your car suits a time and a place - are you in auckland - there is a classic and retro Jap car meet that happens early in the year, should be end of the month. If you're still on oldschool or toyspeed it's in the events section. I dare suggest you won't last long if you flood those sites or use the classic jap meet as a means to sell your car though.

monkey_slap, Jan 11, 6:34am
what a fool.

I especially love how everyone is wrong and only he is right.

As for him not being desperate to sell/holding out for that extra $1800. he's been all over the net trying to drum up enthusiasm for the car and has failed miserably.

I'm willing to bet that if he has this much trouble on the net he also has similar issues in real life. Probably is a total joke everywhere he opens his mouth.

What a complete loser.

kierbear, Jan 11, 7:57am
read the first post where he says he put the reserve high to ward off buyers until beachop! thank god he doesnt think its worth nearly 20k cause you would have to be really fucked in the head to think that

phillip.weston, Oct 25, 9:58pm
I wouldn't get your hopes up. A small Japanese car isn't exactly what beach hop is all about. Generally they favour anything pre 70s or 70s muscle cars.

sifty, Oct 25, 10:06pm
'this is not a self promo'

sure.

japiwi.boys, Oct 25, 10:08pm
YES, I know, I thought that a RARE CLASSIC even if it was Japanese would still be desirable there though. But they have refused me entry so all done and dusted. Gutted, Won't be goin' now.

bellky, Oct 25, 10:09pm
they must be up themselves

japiwi.boys, Oct 25, 10:11pm
Please, This is not self promo.I would love some support from Toyota fans or Jap Classic Fans to sway the Beach Hop people to let me enter it.If I get enough good support I can direct them to Trademe to see the Jap Classic Fans reponses.

bellky, Oct 25, 10:12pm
nah. you're dreaming, let it go

saffa2, Oct 25, 10:12pm
Why!, it's an ugly looking 70's jappa.

phillip.weston, Oct 25, 10:13pm
I can definitely see where beach hop is coming from - I would want to go to beach hop to see t-buckets, 50s/60s and 70s Americana, Aussie muscle cars, rat rods, VW kombi vans, beach buggies - not a Japanese economy car which isn't even in the correct era.

I think you knew the answer to the question well before posting to be honest.

japiwi.boys, Oct 25, 10:14pm
Why Am I dreaming ! Everyone who sees this Sprinter is amazed by it, What is wrong with wanting to show it more and show it at the Beach Hop of all places ! It is an Event for Classic Cars I thought !

bellky, Oct 25, 10:15pm
'classic' is in the eye of the beholder. in this case it's in the eyes of the organisers of the hop.

phillip.weston, Oct 25, 10:15pm
seriously - have a look through the photos here and tell me where your car fits in: http://photos.frontrow.co.nz/index.php!cat=12

ninja_man, Oct 25, 10:17pm
nice tidy car, but beach hop isnt the right place for it.

japiwi.boys, Oct 25, 10:18pm
I saw a Crappy 1980's Mazda Familia Hatch Back.so which is better.A Classic Sprinter ora late 1980's Familia, Even Saw a 300ZX that had been butchered to bits

phillip.weston, Oct 25, 10:18pm
It's an event to celebrate cars and anything of the era well before the 70s. If your car was a 1956 or 1966 Corolla then yes it would probably be accepted. A 1976. not so much. You may see it as a classic (I just see it as a really tidy budget spec Corolla with near-zero redeeming features), but you have to understand that many people, including the organisers of beach hop, are not going to see it that way.

phillip.weston, Oct 25, 10:19pm
That doesn't mean yours should be allowed in. That means that they somehow got in without permission. No way the event organisers would have OK'd them.

phillip.weston, Oct 25, 10:20pm
This sums it up nicely. Don't be offended. It is a tidy car and you are quite right no kiwi is going to pay what Toyota would be offering. But beach hop is NOT a place this car belongs.