Vehicle Listing . Auction or classified?

450mad, Feb 27, 4:36am
Not sure whether I should list my vehicle as a classified or auction.Could someone explain the differences and how it affects relisting etc.New to selling on here!Cheers

clark20, Feb 27, 4:38am
Classified goes on till sold for your asking price, auction is set time.

If it doesn't sell at auction you start another.

phillip.weston, Feb 27, 4:42am
what is the car you are selling and how much! I reckon that's important before deciding between an auction or a classified.

450mad, Feb 27, 4:54am
It's just a farm vehicle

unideck, Feb 27, 5:30am
Think Phillip is asking about the value :) could pay to do a classified if its a high value. Auctions attract tyre kickers/time wasters and dreamers haha, I should know, got a few on mine. But, in saying that the auctions do tend to get more hits the lower your start price is, again this attracts the blood suckers who say, give you $1500 and im a cash buyer. Now what other way do they think they can pay for the car/bike etc.

450mad, Feb 27, 5:34am
Thanks!Very low value vehicle, just wondering what the best way to go was.

unideck, Feb 27, 6:17am
I would say classified then ;)

brodie64, May 31, 4:50pm
It really depends if you have a set price in mind. If its of low value and you are not too bothered what it sells for, just dollar reserve it. It creates more interest in the earlier stages of the auction and can sometimes be surprising what things sell for. Please note the use of the word "sometimes" though. And also keep in mind that cars dont seem to be moving too well at the moment unless they are really cheap. If you know what you want and you wont stray far from that price then a classified may be a better option as you dont get hit with another fee once the vehicle is sold.