Won Vehicle someone else picked it up wtf!

blueband1, Dec 23, 6:59am
Won an auction last night for a 99 galant, rung the guy this afternoon and he recons that someone payed him and pick up the vehicle this morning. (wasnt me)He seemed genuine and apolagetic. And was going to try to rectify it but havent heard back from him yet. What options do I have or is the car gone forever!

cocabowla, Dec 23, 7:06am
i guess if they watched the auction they could. they have the number and final price , did they claim to be you !

brish, Dec 23, 7:11am
You go to the police.Someone was impersonating you.Or it is possible that the seller wasn't as genuine as he seemed.Contact TradeMe as your fist line of attack.

blueband1, Dec 23, 7:13am
Yeah must of. Is ther any leagel stand you know of. I mean if the guy sold it to someone else the only thing he did wrong was not compleating the auction. It was a good score too. Bugger!

blueband1, Dec 23, 7:17am
Cheers Brish Just talking to the missis about it she recons that they would of had to say that they won the auction so it must be some kind of fraud.

chito, Dec 23, 7:18am
The seller should have thepurchases details for the change of ownership.

brish, Dec 23, 7:19am
I'm sure TM will support you.They couldn't let this sort of thing happen, and be known to happen.

blueband1, Dec 23, 7:20am
Yep, he said he was going to get hold of them havent heard back but it is christmas i suposse.

msigg, Dec 23, 7:30am
well the police won't want to know about it. if the change of ownership is already done then its just too bad sorry, if not then you may be in with a chance. The car was sold through a registered dealer I think. Talk, talk ,talk. All the best.

les6, Dec 23, 7:58am
probably went for less than he planned so told you porkies.Go to his place and see if the car is still there or pay the small fee to see if the ownership changed today!

rsr72, Dec 23, 8:16am
#10- Yes, the likely scenario.

kazbanz, Dec 23, 9:09pm
Mind you it is an entirely believeable senario. You can see exactly how it can happen too.From the sellers POVthe buyer turned up with the money and paid them -end of story.
I have had someone try EXACTLYthat trick on me about 18 months ago.trouble is the REAL buyer had also contacted me pretty fast.
11.00 am that day was "interesting" for the scammer. There was him and hiz matez cummin up da drivewayz . Inside the office were myself and the genuine buyer.

mk3zephyr, Dec 24, 2:48am
TM wont do anything, sheesh they are only interested in profit these days, when the Morgan's owned it they may have helped but since Newscorp own it now, then its tough titties mate, sorry but that pretty much sums up TM's attitude these days.

quickstitch, Dec 24, 2:51am
had it happen to me too. rung guy up to organise a time to pick up car and it was gone. new owner never put the car into his name either, i was a bit pissed , it was aq bargain too

jetsin5, Dec 24, 11:29am
Go change the ownership into your name and then report it stolen, the fraudulent buyer will be screwed when caught because he told the seller he was you so everyone thinks its your car - if you play this right you might get it for free!

kcf, Dec 24, 9:04pm
it's a pretty good cunning plan if you're onto it, I guess all you'd need is the seller contact details and get on the blower or email to them the moment the auction closes.

neville48, Dec 25, 9:42am
Coppers may be a bit peeved when they find the details and how you wangled it, you may be getting your collar felt too matey.

trogedon, Dec 25, 8:48pm
Here I am thinking people are going to post ???It??

kevymtnz, Dec 25, 9:01pm
i guess TM sales are a legal contract
i would report it to police now and see what they have to say
as posted it is fraud