Jazz pianoma-are you still here?

69steel, Mar 5, 12:59am
The guy said it was a singapore import-whats wrong with that!

thejazzpianoma, Mar 5, 1:34am
Singapore has a hot humid climate that can be hard on electrics/electronics. Given its a fairly basic car and been in the country hopefully for some time it may be O.K.
However be a bit wary of that, make sure absolutely everything electrical/electronic is functioning properly and when it goes to the mechanic have the mechanic put it on the scanner and check for fault codes etc.

69steel, Mar 5, 1:39am
Read the other thread and see what you think please!

thejazzpianoma, Mar 5, 1:41am
Just remember 69steel, the world is your oyster for cars in that price segment. Doing your research and thinking outside the box will give you plenty of options.

So with that in mind if it just isn't adding up I would move on.

69steel, Mar 5, 1:48am
I think you're right jazz. There's just something about it doesn't sound right to me. Sounds like the guy is full of it. Cars don't get scratches like that for nothing

thejazzpianoma, Mar 5, 1:49am
If the car dosn't work out for you my pick in the segment is the 2001 or newer Fiat Punto. I have used them for home and work for years and they are fantastic. They are also stupidly under-priced in NZ.

You should be able to get a really nice one for your money and they are a bit better equiped than the Mitsubishi and much more economical. (But still have plenty of go, as in much the same as a standard 1.6-1.8 Corolla etc)

Parts for the Fiat are easy to get and cheap the only catch is you want to make sure that the transmission has been serviced every 40'000km as its supposed to. If you can't find one with known service history for the transmission just pick one up with say 50'000km on the clock and get it serviced straight away.

Just be wary there are a lot of uninformed boof heads in the motor trade in NZ that instantly dismiss anything not Japanese. Don't let the put you off, the Punto was about the most popular car in its size in other parts of the word for a long time. and for good reason.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 5, 1:52am
BTW, with regard to the scratches they might not be that big a deal. Its too hard to see from the pictures. In terms of damage I would only be worried about quite major stuff where the actual structure of the car may have been bent.

In your price range you will need to expect some little knocks and bruises, although if going for the Punto you should be able to get quite a low km one in really top condition.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 5, 1:53am
I have to go now, but if you want to know more about the Punto leave me a message. i have made some comprehensive buying guides etc for them for others in past that I can hunt out for you.
Just remember, ignore the knockers on the Fiat they are a fantastic vehicle.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 16, 7:08am
Has a buy now of $4800