Help pls.Rego on hold?

myshka, Mar 6, 7:07am
Can some kind person please explain what this means! I'm having a "duh" moment. lol I'm looking at a bike, and the "rego has been puton hold".Will there be back rego to pay or what!Thanks in advance. :)

jmma, Mar 6, 7:09am
No, rego starts again when papers changed

myshka, Mar 6, 7:13am
Cool! Thanks so much for your help.Have never put rego on hold before so had no idea how it works.

40wav, Mar 6, 7:14am
When rego is not on hold you have to pay right through, rego on hold means there is a payment gap until you are ready to use on the road again. If the seller is not using it they have done the right thing.

orcawhale, Mar 6, 7:16am
be aware that if you put the bike back on the road before the expiry date is up! you will be charged from the time it was put on hold.

does that make sense!

myshka, Mar 6, 7:17am
Yep, that makes sense.Thanks. :)

jmma, Mar 6, 7:21am
Min hold period is 3 months, if its been on hold longer than this, that doesn't apply

40wav, Mar 6, 7:21am
I could be wrong, but I thought that was anything under three months, after that it was month by month!

myshka, Mar 6, 7:24am
Will find out how long it has been on hold and what the expiry date is etc, and pop into postshop or vtnz perhaps. Thanks all for your help.You guys rock! :)

40wav, Mar 6, 7:27am
Just another thought. If its been on hold for two months and three weeks, obviously you would be wise to be patient and wait the extra week so you didnt have to backpay three months worth for nothing. Not trying to patronise, but I know what its like getting a new toy and glossing over everything to just get out there and enjoy it. Good luck and have fun.

myshka, Mar 6, 7:33am
Thanks :) Sold my beloved toy (Suzuki gsf600sx Bandit) awhile back, and miss it like crazy! Looking for a new "toy" that's in my budget. It's becoming a daunting task! lol

directorylist, Mar 6, 7:34am
Depends on the age of the reg to, ones over 40 years arent continuiously licensed.

iron-maiden, Mar 6, 8:30am
new owner does not have to back pay anything,it starts from the date they change owershipive brought cars like this never had to back pay thats up to the old owner

bitsy_boffin, Jun 21, 4:46pm
From recollection, that does not apply if it's a change of ownership.