Saw our previous car - rego expired 12 months ago!

socram, Jan 19, 6:34am
We were down in Taupo for the weekend's racing and saw our previous vehicle on the main road - twice.We traded it in two years ago and the rego and WoF are now a year out of date.I don't think I would have got away with that.

modie61, Jan 19, 7:39am
I saw a car i used to own round here,has no labels/stickers on the screen at all,has had a big crash r/h/f and has been driven like that for the last 6-months. I dont know how they get away with it. Hope they dont run into anyone.

bigjerry, Jan 19, 7:44am
I have been known to let my tickets slip that long.

franc123, Jan 19, 8:30am
So, anyone in any doubt as to why following change of registered ownership procedures are so important!And why this should be done before the car leaves your sight!

supernova2, Jan 19, 10:58am
Friend of daughter drove round for 4 years unwarrented and unreg.Gathered up tickets weekly and threw them in the glove box.Totalled the car at the lights one day - got out and walked leaving the wreck inthe middle of the road.If I had my way we would have public floggings for that sort of reta*d.

modie61, Jan 19, 7:14pm
Yea and us goody goody people always pay our rego,insurance etc.
Unfair.

intrade, Jan 19, 8:39pm
Yes and they will crush your car if you dont pay the fines. Its worldwide the same now if your a criminal you got a far better live then when your honest.

next-to-normal, Jan 19, 9:54pm
is it rego or acc levy,if they sell acc will rego go down and the price of fuel,bring it on

friendly_prawn, Jan 19, 10:34pm
when I was living in gissy there were lots of unregiesterd cars on the road.
I knew quite a few who drove around with no rego.
Being a town with lots of rural activity diesel 4WD's are popular. Problem is at $600 a pop to register, hows some one on the dole ever going to pay that! They cant.
get a job you reckon! why! When the goverment is paying them to kick back and go diving and surfing every day, why would they. Cant say as I blame them. What a awesome life style.

modie61, Jan 19, 10:53pm
Some people cant afford to own and run a car,they need to walk or bike.

friendly_prawn, Jan 19, 10:57pm
good luck telling them that. lol

rsr72, Jan 19, 11:36pm
As they used to do before cheap, easy, finance and cheap cars,.

a18a, Jan 20, 12:16am
How does that happen! Shouldn't she have lost her licence & got the car impounded after the first few fines!

kiwis0, Jan 20, 12:17am
Maybe the sticker fell out of the holder, because that happens, to be sure its out of rego check with carjam.

franc123, Jan 20, 8:52am
Bloody oath, since when has operating a motor vehicle been a right and not a privelage!

modie61, Jan 21, 1:21am
Yep same priviledge as having a licence to drive.