How do I stop my wiper blades squeaking

ayjay1, Mar 5, 6:55pm
They are about a month old. I thought they might settle down but they haven't.
Thanks.

extrayda, Mar 5, 7:05pm
Make sure the windscreen is very clean., also that the wipers are the right type and fit.I had one blade that used to screech the whole time, and found out that the one that didn't screech was fitted differently to the other.Some modifications later (had to cut down the width of the plastic fitting a bit) they were both fitted the same, and it's much better now.The blades need to be held in tightly, or they flop from side to side and screech.

3tomany, Mar 5, 7:10pm
buy good quality blades

almosttherenow, Mar 5, 7:39pm
Rain-x on your windscreen

iginoi, Mar 5, 7:58pm
Only use them when it's raining

iginoi, Mar 5, 8:01pm
Sorry, sometimes I give my windscreen and wiper blades a good scrub when I'm at the servo as this keeps them clean.
Plus all of the above I guess, good luck

r15, Mar 5, 8:18pm
try and find some ac delco ones (try a holden dealer) they are quite cheap and real good

gilligan2, Mar 5, 8:23pm
Best bet is genuine if you can get them

ayjay1, Mar 5, 11:07pm
thanks for that .I bought them from Supercheap.Thought wiper blade were the same everywhere :-)

mechnificent, Mar 5, 11:13pm
If they olny squeak in one direction then you can sometimes cure it by twisting the arm with a crescent so the blade is at a right abhge to the glass instead of leaning over. Just try a bit of trial and error till it's quiet in both directions.

chalkie51, Mar 6, 1:07am
Are you sure it is the blades! After changing blades on my Terrano squeak was finally tracked down to wiper shaft.

ryans, Mar 6, 1:09am
Get some Teflon or carbon wiper blades if you haven't already.

ayjay1, Mar 6, 5:19am
Thanks for all that. I noticed today that when the rain was a lot heavier they were ok. But when the rain is not so heavy they are quite bad. I really think it is the rubber on the glass. I will try tweaking them a bit with a couple of spanners. If that doesn't work I will get better blades. Thanks for your input. Cheers

dr.doolittle, Mar 6, 5:23am
Mine did that for a while & I found it was the carriers rather than the new blades. Drove me nuts for a while. Good luck.

easygoer, Mar 6, 10:36am
I cured mine recently, after trying a few different blades I found that the arms weren't holding the blades tightly causing them to chatter, once new carrier arms were fitted they ran smooth and quiet

scoobeey, Jun 22, 5:10pm
Been using supersheep ones for yrs on 4 vechiles no probs here