Rb25det problem. Melting spark plugs on 1 5 amp 6 im thinking its the outlet manifold leaking what do use rekon

adambrb, Jan 15, 6:35am
melting spark plugs on 1 5 & 6 im thinking its the outlet manifold leaking!
what do use rekon!

mugenb20b, Jan 15, 6:40am
I'm thinking too lean a mixture.

budgel, Jan 15, 8:12am
I would have thought lean burn from inlet manifold leak.

andrea_w, Jan 15, 8:56am
Are there any other symptoms hinting to a problem! Erratic/high idle, missing etc

adambrb, Jan 15, 9:39am
No,it runs fine,Its just when i start throwing it around 4 a bit ul start 2 hear a miss!then itl just pop after that,then you know plugs stuffed.just put new ones in it just done the same thing.but only 1,5,6 others are good.come on guys i no someones got the answer!.

andrea_w, Jan 15, 9:44am
What mods! (just a rough list)
What plugs! (need the full model number eg - NGK BCPR5ES-11)

adambrb, Jan 15, 10:16am
No mods its factory but ive done a motor transplant gone from non turb 2 turb!but everythings been changed,im using bosch plugs

adambrb, Jan 15, 10:19am
BOSH SUPER PLUS FR7KPP33U+GERMANY+38

adambrb, Jan 15, 7:25pm
DOES ANY1 NO WHATS CAUSING THIS!

budgel, Jan 15, 9:11pm
Are you using the ECU from the turbo car!

tnt423, Jan 15, 11:07pm
Is it a factory turbo engine or a +T!

kyussr32, Jan 15, 11:29pm
You swap to turbo fuel pump, regulator, objectors!

thunderbolt, Jan 15, 11:51pm
Objectors!Do they refuse to put the fuel in!

kyussr32, Jan 15, 11:54pm
Curse you predictive text!

falcon15, Jan 16, 12:20am
what boost are you running

bubbles244, Jan 16, 1:20am
melted spark plugs are one of two things.

1: the heat rating on the spark plug is not high enough(protrudes to far into the cylinder).

Or there is too much fuel been put into the cylinder.
too much fuel results in excessive carbon which usually ends up on the end of anything protruding (i.e. sparkplug) into the cylinder.

at least, it will stay there glowing pre igniting fuel. at most, it will melt a hole in the top of your piston.

I'd also recommend you get the car hooked up to a diagnostic computer as it would appear it is dumping way too much fuel in at either idle or on boost.

bubbles244, Jan 16, 1:22am
further note. if it is found to be to much unburnt fuel residing in the chamber may pay to look at changing the ignition system to wasted spark.

This will burn any excess fuel on the cylinders exhaust stroke.

NZTools, Jan 16, 4:22am
Incorrect. Rich runs cool, lean runs hot.

A lean fuel mixture will wipe plug tips off, and meltpistons/engines very quickly.

adambrb, Jan 16, 5:17am
factory turbo,yup changed ecu,fuel pump.regulators etc.injector are factory turb.the car was sitting for a bit.maybe it is blocked injectors on 1 5 6!.is there anyway i can test them at home!

pash11, Jan 16, 8:01am
What boost are you running!
Rb25ts only run 5 to 8 psi foot to the floor standard. Any more than that and you need more fuel

adambrb, Jan 16, 9:03am
running 10 psi

snowballs4, Jan 17, 6:06am
so its a plus t! that is your problem, either chucked it away or, change the fuel pump, change the cas " cam angle sender," injectors,, buy a walbro 500hp pump, problem solved!, idiots put plus ts on thinking its just the turbo, you at least need all those things listed!

adambrb, Jan 17, 6:28am
its not a plus t! its factory turbo

zoltec45, Jan 17, 8:46am
check injector seals are not leaking causing lean mixture on selected cylinders